Note Edge lollipop Upgrade

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Note Edge lollipop Upgrade

I'm done with being bent over by Rogers and Samsung. Time to go back to Apple. Phone was released 2 months ago and they already gave up. Let's give the s4 the update but screw all the ppl who spent crazy money for the edge.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Tdowhan55

Hope you enjoy your iPhone and remember one thing, before u blame a carrier, make sure u look around. If the phone has been released to multiple carriers and none of them have released the updated, it's not just one carriers fault which u don't seem to understand. U blame Rogers because u feel like it but u aren't seeing the whole picture. This has to do something internally with Samsung Canada. Enjoy ur iPhone!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @outkast187

I own both devices and the update that came out was pushed via Samsung straight out. This was a small update to fix minor things. It wasn't a huge new update like the Note Edge will get. Second can u please tell me if it's just Rogers blocking the update, how come no other carrier in CANADA hasn't released the update yet for this device? Please do tell before u tell me "I need to be more informative ":). Thanks!
I Plan to Stick Around

I totally agree with you Meowmix, and you know once the update is released for the Note Edge the same people that are in here complaining about it taking so long are gonna the same ones complaining how they don't like the update or that they hate certain new features like the camera shutter button being back on the main screen instead of the edge display.

I've Been Here Awhile

I was referring to when they posted about samsung pulling the update and how we should all be patient its mind blowing that older phones have the update already and the note edge update has been out for a while already I never said any other carrier in canada has released it just that Rogers isn't fast at releasing the update or updating service area in manitoba. If you live in manitoba you will understand what I mean. When the Optimus g came out they said it's the fastest phone on the new lte network well guess what the phone in manitoba wasn't compatible on the lte network what did Rogers do than nothing. I get that updates take time to make work but come on now other places have them working no problems what makes it so much different here.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @outkast187

While I agree, some manufactures do update their older phones first before the new ones. Again for someone that has worked in the industry I can tell you that there are certain Claus in the contract between the two ( carrier and manufacturer will push updates for older devices first. Also it seems that Samsung Canada is not allowing Bell and Rogers to release the update for the Note Edge. Something internally is going on between all three for the update to come out. We can't blame Rogers meanwhile Bell hasn't released it either and Samsung Canada isn't saying a word...
I've Been Around

Any updates on this?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @4x4

Unfortunately no word on this yet :(.
I've Been Around

I just bought a new Galaxy Note Edge and was surprised that it didn't come with Lollipop. My old Note 3 got it months ago?

How did I just buy a brand new phone with an old OS?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Pedro

Because the update hasn't been released yet. Simple. The phone won't have the update installed unless Samsung and the carriers release it. Again patience is the key. It seems like Samsung and the carriers are holding up due to something. Hopefully it gets released soon.