Note Edge lollipop Upgrade

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Hi

Just wondering if rogers is going to add this phone to the list of phones in the OS Upgrade schedule, as it should be recieving the lollipop upgrade at some point. Or did they charge us a schwack load of money and then leave us hanging

***Edited Labels***

Re: Note Edge lollipop Upgrade

Good evening @derricks ,

Thank you for your post.

At this time, we are unfortunately unable to confirm when the Lollipop update will be made available to Galaxy Note Edge owners.

I can definitely assure you that, as soon as we have more information on the Note Edge Android 5.0 Lollipop update release date, it will appear on the OS Upgrade Schedule.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I've Been Around

Why has the note 4 already got the update but the note edge which is essentially the same has not?

I've Been Around

I would like to know as well before I ask for a refund for a device that is not being updated or supported. I by my devices based on the fact they will be supported.
Rogers..Please advise

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Cbrnd

You won't get a refund because the update isn't out yet... Also there is no word from Samsung if the update is out from Rogers or not. At the time being Rogers Is most likely either working on the update or still waiting from Rogers. Check the "OS Upgrade Schedule" thread and hopefully they update it
I Plan to Stick Around

Why has the note edge not gotten an update to lollipop but every other phone has? I spent an insane amount of money for this phone and it's the last to see any upgrade? Terrible service Rogers... Terrible. Considering switching companies at this point.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Tdowhan55

Just letting you know, not all carriers have released the update for this device. So switching carriers won't do anything.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the reply but that didn't help answering my question the least bit. This is a current phone that's heavily promoted along side the S6. The note 4 already got it. This is unbelievable some of us spent the extra money for the note edge and they haven't even announced an update how many weeks after all the other phones got updates. We spent too much money on this BRAND NEW phone to have no support already. Ridiculous.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Tdowhan55

Unfortunately as i said switching carriers won't do u much of a benefit. Yes the Note 4 and so is the Note Edge but at this moment there is no other information available to tell u. Even contacting Samsung won't even tell u. Rogers can't release a statement until it knows for sure that the update is stable to be released.
I Plan to Stick Around

5.0 just started rolling out. T-Mobile released their's yesterday, so Rogers update will be out soon. No Canadian carrier has release 5.0, so switching carriers won't help unless you move to the US. 

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats