Note Edge lollipop Upgrade

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Note Edge lollipop Upgrade

Hello @rboeglers

That is correct. So Rogers isn't far behind. Exactly. Switching carriers won't do much anyways.
I Plan to Stick Around

I don't understand why people are freaking out  about the Lollipop update not being out yet for the Note Edge, if it would've been released early without working out the issues that the update would have on the Edge screen features people would be complaining about all the problems they would be having after the update instead. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @kerri_christian

Unfortunately many don't see that. They don't see or understand that if a update is pushed out early, it will have many bugs or even worse it will have major problems in which many will complain. Samsung and the carriers are taking time to make the update work and not have those bugs or major problems. Will it have bugs? Yes it varies on everyone as no update is perfect.

Waiting patiently is the best thing as in the end, u will get a better update!
I Plan to Stick Around

Well we pay big money for these phones. Why are they pushing out updates that are that buggy? They have testers and work these issues out during development. If the update isn't ready why is every phone except the note edge being sent the update? The note 4 has had it for a month. The edge doesn't have much to offer at the moment until down the road so what possibly are they struggling with. Makes no sense at all. Poor job by Samsung and Android. Don't put out a new phone that cost me almost 1000 dollars if you can't support updates. Enough said.
I Plan to Stick Around

This has to be as close to livid as I was when the Rogers LTE rolled out a couple years ago. Winnipeg was the last city to get it and Rogers the last in the province of Manitoba. Rogers simply isn't in any rush to please their customers with all the billions they are making.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Tdowhan55

You need to be a bit patient and do something else until it comes out don't you think? It's a update your getting for free. I am sure you can wait until it comes out. You paid for the phone because YOU wanted the phone at the time, the updates come after like normal. Again no other Canadian carrier has brought this update out.

Also one thing I would like to point that it does take time for a update to come out. Just because the states brought it out, doesn't mean eveyone else will follow. There might be something causing Samsung to stop the update until something is fixed? You don't know so until then, u can't really judge right? Again i see your point and I understand it. Hopefully it comes out
I've Been Here Awhile

I completely disagree we buy these because we want them yes and updates should be free but as far as rogers go they are slow at putting out update not because they are flawed by samsung or apple or whoever but they can't figure out how to put all there bloat ware on your phone. It's very frustrating when yes the states and Australia and the UK have the update out but yet we still c nothing roger is one of the slowest companies to release updates and service area other than Ontario and bc. Manitoba is one of the last places that gets anything guess small numbers means nothing to them
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @outkast187

Again that is your view. I would just suggest to wait & the update will come out.
I Plan to Stick Around

Exactly outkast. Updates are free and I should be happy? I paid 700 freaking dollars for this phone.. I should not be still waiting for an upgrade after every other phone has been updated including the s4. There is no being lucky, happy or patient here when every phone but the most expensive one isn't getting any attention. I don't know how they can get away with doing this to their consumers. Apple releases their update to each model phone and everywhere to each provider the day it comes out. I moved away from Apple years ago and now I'm starting to regret it. Beyond insane we have to go through this. Note edge will get the update after the next generation Samsung comes out at this rate.
I've Been Here Awhile

Funny how we are told to be patient when I feel we have been more that patient my galaxy s6 just got another update this more so I thought hey better check my note edge which was way more money and nope nothing still meow mix needs to be more informed about the update samsung never pulled the update since it was released for the note edge yes it was for the s5 but since than they haven't pulled yet it's rogers who is putting it on the back burner the note edge should of been put first before the s4 for sure maybe not the s5 since that's the first lollipop update they were working on but for sure before the s4
Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats