10 REPLIES 10

Re: Note 9 Pie update live today!

kavkaz
I plan to stick around

Got it last night at 12 for note 9

RogersTony

Hello @angelop,

It's awesome that you got the PIE update for your Note 9! I am still patiently waiting for my phone to notify me of the update. I am hoping it comes soon as I can't wait to play with the new features and test of the battery life.

Have any other Note 9 users in the Community received PIE as of yet?

Be sure to tell us what you like/dislike! 😃

RogersTony

RogersMoin

Hello, @RogersTony & Community. 

I was going through the S9 Pie thread early in the morning and noticed @kavkaz's post (moved post to this thread). I checked the software update on my Note 9; surprisingly update was available. 

One UI has a lot of improvements compared to TouchWiz. The battery seems to be holding well. 

It has been only a few hours with Android Pie plus One UI, loving it so far. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

RX71
I've been around

Hi everyone I got pie yesterday in my note 9. So far running smooth.

ClemSun
I've been around
Still don't have the update. Have the international version of the phone (with a Rogers Sim) when should I expect the OTA update?

Brando95
I've been here awhile
I have a note 9 from Roger's and mine still hasn't got the update I check like every couple hours... why is it taking so long I cant wait to get it..

Brando95
I've been here awhile
I feel ur pain I'm still waiting too and I dont understand what's taking so long...

Hello @ClemSun & @Brando95,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and congrats on your first posts!

I can completely understand how frustrating it is to hear that other users are enjoying the Android Pie update while your device hasn't been notified as of yet. =(

I was actually in the same boat as both of you up until yesterday. While I didn't mind as I prefer to see how other users fare with the new software before I take the leap. I was concerned that I hadn't even gotten the OTA update notification so I went into the Settings on my device, then Software updates and there was a manual update available. I clicked on it to see if it was Android Pie and it automatically started to download, much to my dismay! Luckily, it all went well but I am still getting used to the new UI.

Please check in the Settings under Software update to see if there is a manual download awaiting you. If it is then you can download it and install it at your leisure. 

Let us know how it goes for you and tell us what you like best about Android Pie on your Note 9! Battery life is most important to me so I hope the adaptive battery feature lives up to the hype!

RogersTony

Brando95
I've been here awhile
I have checked In setting and there still isnt any update available. When should I recieve it?

Hey there @Brando95!

Sorry to hear that the update wasn't available in your settings to be triggered manually, as it was with RogersTony. 😕 I'm sure you are super anxious to get the latest software added to your device!!

As the OS updates are rolled out in batches, you may not receive it at the exact same time as everyone else. For a clearer understanding of how the process works, please check out our OS Upgrade Schedule thread

We hope you receive your update sooner, rather than later! 😊

RogersLaura

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 in conversation