cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 9 Android 10... Still Nothing!

wpattie
I've been here awhile

When is the android 10 update coming for Samsung note9 and why is it taking so long? Other devices received the update in September. This is ridiculous!

***Edited Labels***

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Note 9 Android 10... Still Nothing!

daniel10
I plan to stick around
S10 just got in in December lol so the note 9 will prob be late feb early march I'm guessing

Modivate
I've been around
I just got the January 1 2020 OTA security update this morning. Good to know that Rogers is pushing *security updates* a full 3 weeks past their initial release...

If this update is any indictation of how long it typically takes, I anticipate that Android 10/One UI 2 will show up as an OTA update in mid February. However, I checked an update release schedule yesterday and Note9/A10 wasn't even listed.

Maybe we'll see it in October 2021?

wpattie
I've been here awhile
We will probably see when Android 11 is released!

veloz753
I've been around
I asked Samsung through the Samsung Members app. They told me we would get Android 10 only at the end of March or beginning of April. That is so deceiving and unacceptable to me.

GibMcFragger
I'm a reliable contributor
That’s on Samsung, not Rogers. Samsung decides when to push out updates.
Also, the Note 9 is a year and a half old ( give or take). Samsung prioritizes new devices.

It sucks, but that’s the way it works.

CHMultimedia
I've been here awhile
The current tentative date is March 9th. Samsung Live Chat representatives are known for their... inaccurate knowledge. The 2018 OneUI 1 beta incidents should be proof enough of that.

wpattie
I've been here awhile
If this is true then why do friends of mine on other providers get android 10 on note9 back in November but nobody I know with Rogers?

CHMultimedia
I've been here awhile
Probably because they bought imported European or American models and enrolled in the beta. Or they followed my tutorial on how to get the beta on Canadian models. We can know for sure if your friends share with us their model number and the current version of the baseband.

Ezgraderz1
I've been around
I made the mistake of update my Note 9 a few days ago to Android 10. Now my battery life on my phone has literally been cut in half! Not happy about this!

having an overheating issue and only LTE thought out the night and then when I unlocked(morin) my note 9 it's kinda goes back for the rest of the day to normal LTE+ speeds!!!

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 in conversation