Note 7 Official Replacement from Samsung - Not eligible for Rogers VOLTE and WIFI Calling?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Note 7 Official Replacement from Samsung - Not eligible for Rogers VOLTE and WIFI Calling?

I received my replacement Note 7 from Samsung 2 days ago and I noticed that I could no longer use VOLTE or WIFI calling. I called 611 business tech support and the agent confirmed that the IMEI is not in Roger's database and "a non-Rogers device" is not eliglbe.

The agent insisted that I needed to ask Samsung to send a "Rogers Note 7" because my "unbranded note 7" from samsung was not compatible with Rogers network and he was "willing to bet his job on it". As most of you know, all Note 7 comes factory unlocked but locked to the first SIM inserted. The phone automatically went through a factory reset with Rogers bloatware installed. Rogers might have a database from samsung with all the IMEIs for N7s shipped to Rogers, but there is no hardware difference for phones sold through the carriers and samsung store in Canada.

Of course, Samsung cannot send me a "Rogers N7" and the entire replacement support line is a mess right now - all you get is empty promises that someone would call back in 48 hours (but no one ever did).  It is unfair for Rogers customers to suffer through the subpar compatibility of N7s that are replaced through the official program and neither Rogers or Samsung is helpful.

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Note 7 Official Replacement from Samsung - Not eligible for Rogers VOLTE and WIFI Calling?

Do a factory reset first then try again. The replacement will only lock to Rogers after inserting your sim
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Note 7 Official Replacement from Samsung - Not eligible for Rogers VOLTE and WIFI Calling?

I did that and it is locked to Rogers. The problem is that Rogers does not have the IMEI in their database and their system would not permit VOLET and WIFI calling (only on Rogers devices)
I've Been Around

Just got my replacement note 7 in the mail. I have the EXACT problem described in the other posts despite rogers adding my new IMEI number to the service. Also did the factory reset and all the Rogers bloatware appeared but still no go. During the reset it even told me my phone had WiFi calling as a feature of the Rogers SIM card. Nothing seems to work. If anyone figures this out I would greatly appreciate it.
Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator

@conradicus@jdevic@Dx9

I can certainly understand the feeling of not being able to access our Volte and Wifi Calling service. We would like to assist in getting those services up and running for you all. When you are next online, please send us a PM via @CommunityHelps so we can start the process.

If anyone else in the Community is experiencing similar symptoms, please reach out to us as well.

Thank you

RogersRoland

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks Roland. I currently have a ticket open through BTS and they escalated to ESA tech support. It has been a over a week now. The last word was that Device Enablement team was aware of this issue and was working with Samsung to resolve it...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jdevic1

Weird both mine and my gf replacements Note 7 work with VOLTE and WiFi Calling. Actually I have WiFi ING enabled now. Hmm wonder why some devices cant work with them.
I've Been Here Awhile

It's the total opposite for me. I originally bought the note 7 from Rogers and volte and Wi-Fi calling would not work. Even after a factory reset. But since I got my replacement it's been working on the new device..... very odd
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys!

Samsung has announced that all carriers stop selling the Note 7 and for all customers to return the replacement back for a exchange to another device or their choice.

Please visit the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation thread for more information.
Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 in conversation