Note 5 Issues with Service

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lkuner13
I've Been Here Awhile

Note 5 Issues with Service

I am using a note 5 on 5.1.1 and having issues with calls and texting. I can not send or recieve texts, and calls are being dropped as well as the person on the other end cant hear me. If i restart my phone it works sometimes for a couple of minutes and then back to the same issue. Is anyone else having this issue or is it just me, I read that the s6 is having this issue but are any users experincing it with the note 5 as well? Its been over a week and I dont understand why there hasn't been a fix or any sort of compensation for clients experincing issues.

RogersMoin

Re: Note 5 Issues with Service

Hello, @lkuner13

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

I was not able to confirm per our OS upgrade guide the release of 5.11 update for Note 5, are you using a non-Rogers device?

@Community - has anybody else using Note 5 received 5.11 update and having similar issues outlined by OP? 

Thanks,

RogersMoin

lkuner13
I've Been Here Awhile

I bought the phone brand new from a third party store. It has 5.1.1 update, it worked fine couple weeks ago until now.
sdfasdfasdfaewr
I've Been Around

Hi All, I've been using a new Rogers Note 5 for about a month and it's network issues are starting to drive me insane.  More or less every time the phone loses all connection (i.e. In an Elevator), it does not have the ability to re-establish it on it's own. I'm using it with a brand new SIM card (I have not tried to replace the SIM yet).

A number of times throughout each day I can see the signal bars showing full or high signal, however when I bring down the notification bar, it shows "Emergency Calls Only" signifying that it's not connected to the mobile network.  I attempt to reset the APN settings with no luck.  Doing a full power down and start up of the phone is the only thing that corrects the issue.  If I have to reset the phone 3-5 times a day just to ensure that it stays connected to the mobile network I will not be a happy camper 😞

desi1
I've Been Here Awhile

hi . i have note 5 phone. it experiences network problem. after every1-2 hours network provider bar shows emergency service even within high network  coverage area. after that if i search network manually it shows error after searching for network more than 2-3 min. the only solution i have to restart my phone every time when i take out phone form my pocket.

can anybody suggest what i do to over come this problem 

MrGaryZ
I'm Here A Lot

Finally someone else who posted in regards to the Note 5. I have been having issues similar to the s6/s6edge VoLTE call dropping bug. The phone would not even ring, it will get sent straight to voicemail. SMS would not send and would come multiple times. It is the exact same problem as the s6/s6edge and the fix by only using GSM works. 

I have been getting 2 types of agents who help me. Ones who deny the Note 5 has any problems, only the S6/S6edge which doesnt make sense since it is the same software. The second agent just tells me to continue to wait. It has been 2 months for me on GSM. The mobile data is so slow I dont even end up using it. 

I have spoken with Samsung Canada and they tell me that the problem has been ID and it will just take more time to fix. This is for the Note 5 btw. Just waiting for Rogers rep to actually acknowledge there is a problem and push for the fix.

lkuner13
I've Been Here Awhile

I have had the same experience except every agent has told me it's only a s6 issue and not note 5. This is ridiculous, they don't even offer to comp monthly bills or any sort of solution. I have 6 business lines with them and will be switching to another provider in a week.
jeneric28
I Plan to Stick Around

weird.. samething here.. but the difference is i have been using the phone since launch day WITHOUT ANY ISSUES...

just lastnight I have lost the ability to get ANY sort of LTE coverage.. i am on Edge at my house... It takes me 4-5 tries to call anyone... also text messages are taking over a minute to send, if they send at all .. somtimes it just fails.. i started getting duplicate messages today as well.. very annoying...

i called Rogers tech support and they were not successful.. they told me to do a factory reset.. which i did... and still the same issue.. i am on EDGE and duplicate texts...

he sending me a replacement device
lkuner13
I've Been Here Awhile

I don't think it's a hardware issue as I bought my phone unlocked and not from rogers. It's something to do with 5.1.1 similar to the s6
MrGaryZ
I'm Here A Lot

Can a mod please follow up with this issue? There is a problem with the software ever since 5.1.1 came out. Please do something as it has been like this for months..