No incoming/text since 14th Oct and No service since 27 Oct. Rogers got no clue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

No incoming/text since 14th Oct and No service since 27 Oct. Rogers got no clue

Well, the subject says it all I believe. I am having a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and being with Rogers for 18 months now. I never had any incoming/outgoing issues with Rogers. 

I have this issue since Oct 14th. Initially I had no incoming/text and then on Oct 27th, I lost my outgoing/network too. Now, I see "No Service" on my phone all the time since 27th. I have spent hours (At least 22 in last 18 days) and no one in Rogers is able to help me so far. I have tried everything which I could or Rogers Rep could think but still no luck. I have 2-3 tickets opened and 1 case opened with Rogers. I literally feel like shouting sometimes with the frustration I am going through. It's a shame for such a big Company that they can't fix one issue for a customer for these many days. I have no idea what to do now and how to escalate this. Probably, they don't care as only a single customer is impacted. No matter for how many of days. 

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: No incoming/text since 14th Oct and No service since 27 Oct. Rogers got no clue

Good morning  @email2panky,

Welcome to the forums! I am sorry to hear about your difficulties in getting this resolved but it sounds like you're already on the right track. If we've launched multiple tickets for this issue, then it has already been escalated.

Please PM us @CommunityHelps and I will check into the status of your tickets and get you an update. 

Thank you,

RogersCorey

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: No incoming/text since 14th Oct and No service since 27 Oct. Rogers got no clue

I am guessing, that it doesnt matter where you are, that it doesnt work.  Sort of elminates the 'network' being down.

Going to ask a few questions. (sorry if you did any with the rep, as i have no way of knowing)

Have you tried swaping the SIM card?  I was having network issues with my 5 a year+ ago, and having them swap my info to another sim and putting that one in, worked.

Have you done a full device wipe on the phone, fully resetting the software back to factory defaults.
(and its running the base rogers firmware? not any custom rom?)

Beyond that.. my guess would be hardware failure on the phone 😞
(which at 18 months, its out of the 1 year waranty from the manufacturer, but still under contract likely?)

I've Been Here Awhile

You are right. That's the first thing came in my mind to check if my phone is having some serious software or hardware issue. So, I put my SIM in my wife's phone and her SIM in my phone. As expected, my SIM didn't work in her phone too and her SIM was working perfectly fine in my phone. So, that's how I ruled out phone issue. And then one more obvious thing I tried was to replace Rogers SIM with new SIM but even that didn't work out. Rogers are not able to activate a new SIM in my phone as they are getting some error. No one in ROGERS know the reason. I won't (don't want to) go to that route where I have to reset my phone to factory settings as my phone has no issues. I confirmed that many times since this issue started. Thanks for your suggestions, anyway.

I've Been Here Awhile

I know, I am on right track but are you guys on right track? Are you guys taking this issue as serious as it should have been? Today it's 19th day of this issue and still no update. A case's SLA in your words is 24 hours. It's more than 72 hours now if I just consider working days but more than 120 hours since the case was opened.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I dont work for rogers.. so i cant really help/do much unfortunately 😞

But Yeah.. it does appear its more account side???

After the sim swap, your NEW one still doesnt work in your wifes?

The phone ,is likely OK.. 

Moreso, likely your 'phone' account, its like its disabled or something.

Easiest way would be for them to CHANGE (or remove/re add) the plan.. that may cause it to reset?
But if your on a plan thats no longer available.. wont be able to go back to that other one..

Hopefully they can resolve it..

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Gdkitty wrote:

But if your on a plan thats no longer available.. wont be able to go back to that other one..

I think you have likely hit on what is going on  ....  Smiley Wink

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

My issue was finally resolved 4-5 days ago. It took Rogers, 19 days to resolve my issue. Really not happy with Rogers on this. I was really relaxed and happy on the day when it got fixed. Main reason for happiness was not that my phone was working again. Main reason was that I didn't have to call Rogers customer care daily now and spend 1 hour at least daily with them for nothing.. Thanks to all who gave their best to help me.. both from Customer care or on this forum.

Hopefully, they will learn something from this and won't let any other customer go through same what I went through.