No Video with Google Hangouts Video Call or Live Video on Ring Video Doorbell Pro

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: No Live Video on Ring Doorbell Pro

Hello @jvetro

I have discussed this matter at length with our second level of support. They have advised that the APN settings on the Google Pixel devices they've tested are also greyed out. The only way to modify this would be to create a new APN profile and mirror the exact same settings as the current APN with the exception of the APN Protocol which would need to be set to IPv4. 

You mentioned having issues with the "Bearer" settings when you attempted to do this previously, what exactly is happening? Can you send us some screenshots of what happens when you try as well as the APN settings you are using for us to review?

Keep us posted!

RogersTony

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

When creating a new APN, I am able to bring up the page for the Bearer, however, after I select them, there is no "Ok" or "Save" button on the pop up page that appears.  Screenshot_20170927-165704.png

Highlighted

Hello @jvetro,

Thanks for providing us with a screenshot of your issue.

Please leave the Bearer settings "Unspecified" your device should still be able to connect to 2G/3G/LTE.

Give this a shot and let us know how it goes!

RogersTony

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have tried this and I am only able to connect to the Rogers Data Network when the APN Protocol is set to IPv6.  When I set the APN Protocol to IPv4, it does not connect to data.  IS there another setting I am missing?

Highlighted

Hi @jvetro,

Thanks for the info.  We've passed along your update to our second level support and will reply back when we receive a response.  Thanks for your patience and understanding!

RogersShaun

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Is there any update on this? I am also facing the exact issue.
Highlighted

Hi @Wolf99 and @jvetro,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this.  With the help of our Wireless Technicians, we were able to test some scenarios, and here are our findings:

We were able to create a new APN with IPv4 on our Google Pixel, however, data access connectivity was not available. 

They were also able to confirm that we do not block internet access via IPv4.  This was done by testing the same IPv4 APN settings on a Samsung Galaxy S8, and the internet was working.

Unfortunately, we don’t have any other APN configurations we can provide for the Google Pixel. Your best bet would be to see whether the app provider has an alternate option/workaround for the app to work on your device.

Hope this helps.

RogersShaun

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I'm having the exact same issue as well. Is anyone able to test with a Telus or Bell SIM so we can confirm if it's the device or a carrier issue on the Pixel?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes I have tried with a Telus Sim and it is the same issue. I haven't tried manually setting the network settings yet with it.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm trying to disable IPv6 on the rogers router to see if that might work. Now there's a whole new issue as I can't connect to the router at 192.168.0.1 (Hitron CGN3AMR).

Has anyone else tried this?