No Video with Google Hangouts Video Call or Live Video on Ring Video Doorbell Pro

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: No Video with Google Hangouts Video Call or Live Video on Ring Video Doorbell Pro

I have contacted Ring about my Pixel XL issue not working and they informed me that it is an issue with the RING Pro not supporting IPV6(Jan 3rd). I tried many times to get it working using IPV4 with no success. I have not followed this up with RING support as I ended up giving up. If you ask me, we shouldn't have to configure our phones to get this to work so currently just waiting on RING to provide a solution. They have not confirmed that they are working on a fix but they could be. 

Again, this is an issue with LIVE Video not working when NOT on Wifi. Strictly a Remote Access problem when I am away from the house and would like to see who is at my front door and speak with that person. Not working for me.

Fyi - working on my wifes Pixel 2 no problem and no configuration needed.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: No Video with Google Hangouts Video Call or Live Video on Ring Video Doorbell Pro

Thanks for the feedback.....I doubt if this was caused by RIng's issue since we knew other brand name phones, like Pixel 2 , Samsung S4 or iphone 6 have no problem to live view on Ring doorbell pro without wifi ! 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hello All,

I finally make my LG G5 works for RIng door bell pro live view with data network only. The key point is to add / create a new APN with diff name such as "Roger LTE" by choosing APN protocol and roaming for IPN4 only with other items setting stay the same as Rogers APN setting....after ADD the new APN and SAVE then select this APN  and make sure it stays at this new APN ( it sometimes switch back to the default Rogers APN automatically without noticing the signal) before restarting the phone..After restarting the phone, check if the APN stay at new APN before making a trial for Ring doorbell pro live view! Good luck!

Highlighted

Hi @CME928,

Thanks for following up!

I'm glad to hear you were able to find a solution that works for you.  

RogersShaun

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi gkou,

I am having same issue with my google pixel xl and my wife has google pixel with fido.

You mentioned your wife pixel 2 works. 

What android os is installed on her phone?

What protocol is configured on her APN?

Thank yoy

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

Something seems to have gotten upgraded with Ring. This afternoon i checked live view and it works when not connected to wifi, nothing changed on my Pixel XL phone

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Looks like it is working for me as well. Pixel XL here and tried remotely. Woohoo!