cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Video with Google Hangouts Video Call or Live Video on Ring Video Doorbell Pro

jvetro
I plan to stick around

I am unable to connect to video on a Google Hangouts Call when using Rogers Cellular Data.  I have no issues with this when connected to any type of Wifi network.  I am also unable to connect to my Ring Video Doorbell Pro Live View or answer any doorbell Rings when connected on Rogers Cellular Data, but again works perfect on any type of Wifi.

I have a Google Pixel Phone, unrooted, running the latest OS.  All apps are up to date.

Please Help!!!!

*Edited Labels*

46 REPLIES 46

Re: No Video with Google Hangouts Video Call or Live Video on Ring Video Doorbell Pro

CME928
I'm here a lot

Hello All,

I finally make my LG G5 works for RIng door bell pro live view with data network only. The key point is to add / create a new APN with diff name such as "Roger LTE" by choosing APN protocol and roaming for IPN4 only with other items setting stay the same as Rogers APN setting....after ADD the new APN and SAVE then select this APN  and make sure it stays at this new APN ( it sometimes switch back to the default Rogers APN automatically without noticing the signal) before restarting the phone..After restarting the phone, check if the APN stay at new APN before making a trial for Ring doorbell pro live view! Good luck!

Re: No Video with Google Hangouts Video Call or Live Video on Ring Video Doorbell Pro

Hi @CME928,

Thanks for following up!

I'm glad to hear you were able to find a solution that works for you.  

RogersShaun

BL247
I've been here awhile

Hi gkou,

I am having same issue with my google pixel xl and my wife has google pixel with fido.

You mentioned your wife pixel 2 works. 

What android os is installed on her phone?

What protocol is configured on her APN?

Thank yoy

BL247
I've been here awhile

Hi,

Something seems to have gotten upgraded with Ring. This afternoon i checked live view and it works when not connected to wifi, nothing changed on my Pixel XL phone

gkou
I've been here awhile
Looks like it is working for me as well. Pixel XL here and tried remotely. Woohoo!
Topic Stats
  • 46 replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 13 in conversation