cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Video with Google Hangouts Video Call or Live Video on Ring Video Doorbell Pro

jvetro
I plan to stick around

I am unable to connect to video on a Google Hangouts Call when using Rogers Cellular Data.  I have no issues with this when connected to any type of Wifi network.  I am also unable to connect to my Ring Video Doorbell Pro Live View or answer any doorbell Rings when connected on Rogers Cellular Data, but again works perfect on any type of Wifi.

I have a Google Pixel Phone, unrooted, running the latest OS.  All apps are up to date.

Please Help!!!!

*Edited Labels*

46 REPLIES 46

Re: No Live Video on Ring Doorbell Pro

jvetro
I plan to stick around

When creating a new APN, I am able to bring up the page for the Bearer, however, after I select them, there is no "Ok" or "Save" button on the pop up page that appears.  Screenshot_20170927-165704.png

Hello @jvetro,

Thanks for providing us with a screenshot of your issue.

Please leave the Bearer settings "Unspecified" your device should still be able to connect to 2G/3G/LTE.

Give this a shot and let us know how it goes!

RogersTony

jvetro
I plan to stick around

I have tried this and I am only able to connect to the Rogers Data Network when the APN Protocol is set to IPv6.  When I set the APN Protocol to IPv4, it does not connect to data.  IS there another setting I am missing?

Hi @jvetro,

Thanks for the info.  We've passed along your update to our second level support and will reply back when we receive a response.  Thanks for your patience and understanding!

RogersShaun

Wolf99
I've been here awhile
Is there any update on this? I am also facing the exact issue.

Hi @Wolf99 and @jvetro,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this.  With the help of our Wireless Technicians, we were able to test some scenarios, and here are our findings:

We were able to create a new APN with IPv4 on our Google Pixel, however, data access connectivity was not available. 

They were also able to confirm that we do not block internet access via IPv4.  This was done by testing the same IPv4 APN settings on a Samsung Galaxy S8, and the internet was working.

Unfortunately, we don’t have any other APN configurations we can provide for the Google Pixel. Your best bet would be to see whether the app provider has an alternate option/workaround for the app to work on your device.

Hope this helps.

RogersShaun

I'm having the exact same issue as well. Is anyone able to test with a Telus or Bell SIM so we can confirm if it's the device or a carrier issue on the Pixel?

jvetro
I plan to stick around
Yes I have tried with a Telus Sim and it is the same issue. I haven't tried manually setting the network settings yet with it.

Wolf99
I've been here awhile

I'm trying to disable IPv6 on the rogers router to see if that might work. Now there's a whole new issue as I can't connect to the router at 192.168.0.1 (Hitron CGN3AMR).

Has anyone else tried this?

ccbel
I've been around

Thanks Zulkarnain

Switching from IPv4/IPv6 to IPv4 worked perfectly!

My only question is how does this affect other functions or that the APN protocol is not set at IPv6?

Thanks

Charlie

RogersShaun
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @ccbel,

Welcome to the Community Forums, and thanks for reaching out!

I'm glad to hear you were able to solve your issue with a visit to the forums.  Your question is a tough one to answer, to be honest. There are varying opinions on the pros and cons of disabling IPv6.  While you shouldn't notice any major change of function, down the road, as more sites become IPv6 only, you may have issues connecting. 

I hope this helps!

RogersShaun

gkou
I've been here awhile
hello, have you been able to solve this issue? I have the exact same problem and when I set my APN Protocol to IPv4, I also lose connection. Please let me know if you have resolved this issue and thanks.

jvetro
I plan to stick around
Not resolved for my Pixel yet. Also update on my S7, the updated protocol settings set to IPv4 no longer work. Back to the drawing board.

gkou
I've been here awhile
Ok thank you! I called and sent an email to Ring that they need to get it working with IPV6 :). Should also let you know that my wife just received a Google Pixel 2 and it is working just fine remotely. Not sure wether to pursue Rogers, Google or Ring at the moment :(.

Re: No Video with Google Hangouts Video Call or Live Video on Ring Video Doorbell Pro

CME928
I'm here a lot

hello, i have problem to run RIng door bell live view with new LG G5 phone data network but has no problem with wifi? does anyone know how to fix the problem?

@jvetro wrote:

I believe it is an issue with the Ring Application on Android running Nougat or Oreo.  I have reached out to them and they say they are working on a fix.

Re: No Video with Google Hangouts Video Call or Live Video on Ring Video Doorbell Pro

CME928
I'm here a lot

I have tried to add a new APN wtih APN protocol iPV4 but the phone will not connect to data network? Please help to resolve the live view for Ring doorbell pro with LG G5 phone!

Hello @CME928,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for reaching out.

I know how upsetting it can be when things aren't working as they should.  Was the app working for you on a previous device? I see that @gkou reached out to Ring directly, perhaps they can share any updates here?

Keep us posted!

RogersShaun

I have able to use the new add APN (with APN protocol iPV4 Only) by changing the APN type to default+mms+dun but still cannot live view on Ring door bell pro without turning on the wifi....?

Wolf99
I've been here awhile

I've given up. Simply doesn't work on Pixel XL.

gkou
I've been here awhile

I have contacted Ring about my Pixel XL issue not working and they informed me that it is an issue with the RING Pro not supporting IPV6(Jan 3rd). I tried many times to get it working using IPV4 with no success. I have not followed this up with RING support as I ended up giving up. If you ask me, we shouldn't have to configure our phones to get this to work so currently just waiting on RING to provide a solution. They have not confirmed that they are working on a fix but they could be. 

Again, this is an issue with LIVE Video not working when NOT on Wifi. Strictly a Remote Access problem when I am away from the house and would like to see who is at my front door and speak with that person. Not working for me.

Fyi - working on my wifes Pixel 2 no problem and no configuration needed.

CME928
I'm here a lot

Thanks for the feedback.....I doubt if this was caused by RIng's issue since we knew other brand name phones, like Pixel 2 , Samsung S4 or iphone 6 have no problem to live view on Ring doorbell pro without wifi ! 

Topic Stats
  • 46 replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 13 in conversation