No Video with Google Hangouts Video Call or Live Video on Ring Video Doorbell Pro

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: No Live Video on Ring Doorbell Pro

Thanks Zulkarnain

Switching from IPv4/IPv6 to IPv4 worked perfectly!

My only question is how does this affect other functions or that the APN protocol is not set at IPv6?

Thanks

Charlie

Highlighted

Hi @ccbel,

Welcome to the Community Forums, and thanks for reaching out!

I'm glad to hear you were able to solve your issue with a visit to the forums.  Your question is a tough one to answer, to be honest. There are varying opinions on the pros and cons of disabling IPv6.  While you shouldn't notice any major change of function, down the road, as more sites become IPv6 only, you may have issues connecting. 

I hope this helps!

RogersShaun

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

hello, have you been able to solve this issue? I have the exact same problem and when I set my APN Protocol to IPv4, I also lose connection. Please let me know if you have resolved this issue and thanks.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Not resolved for my Pixel yet. Also update on my S7, the updated protocol settings set to IPv4 no longer work. Back to the drawing board.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Ok thank you! I called and sent an email to Ring that they need to get it working with IPV6 :). Should also let you know that my wife just received a Google Pixel 2 and it is working just fine remotely. Not sure wether to pursue Rogers, Google or Ring at the moment :(.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: No Video with Google Hangouts Video Call or Live Video on Ring Video Doorbell Pro

hello, i have problem to run RIng door bell live view with new LG G5 phone data network but has no problem with wifi? does anyone know how to fix the problem?

@jvetro wrote:

I believe it is an issue with the Ring Application on Android running Nougat or Oreo.  I have reached out to them and they say they are working on a fix.

I'm Here A Lot

Re: No Video with Google Hangouts Video Call or Live Video on Ring Video Doorbell Pro

I have tried to add a new APN wtih APN protocol iPV4 but the phone will not connect to data network? Please help to resolve the live view for Ring doorbell pro with LG G5 phone!

Highlighted

Hello @CME928,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for reaching out.

I know how upsetting it can be when things aren't working as they should.  Was the app working for you on a previous device? I see that @gkou reached out to Ring directly, perhaps they can share any updates here?

Keep us posted!

RogersShaun

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I have able to use the new add APN (with APN protocol iPV4 Only) by changing the APN type to default+mms+dun but still cannot live view on Ring door bell pro without turning on the wifi....?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I've given up. Simply doesn't work on Pixel XL.