No Video with Google Hangouts Video Call or Live Video on Ring Video Doorbell Pro

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: No Live Video on Ring Doorbell Pro

Hi,
Did you try the following settings, I had the same issue and this fixed it.

Settings--->Connections---->Mobile networks---->Access Point names---->

Click on "Rogers LTE"
Look for "APN Protocol"
Change it to "IPv4"
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I tried to create an additional APN with the settings from the default Rogers Internet APN, using IPv4, however I am unable to set the "Bearer" settings to the different protocols (LTE, HSPA, etc...).  the page comes up for me to select them, but I have no way of saving them.  I have a Google Pixel running Oreo.

I did speak to Ring support and they suggested this as well but I cannot figure out how to change it.  Any help will be appreciated.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Ooh nice! I'd tried turning off IPv6 in several other places on my S7 Edge and had no luck, but doing this worked! It also worked on my wife's Galaxy S7. Both of us are able to access live video when only on a mobile network (i.e. no Wi-Fi) now. Thanks!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It worked for my wife's S7, however, my apn settings are locked down on my Google Pixel. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Highlighted

Hello @jvetro,

It's very strange that the APN settings are locked down on your Google Pixel, you should be able to modify it whenever you like. Is it only the APN Protocol setting for IPv6 that you are unable to modify or are you unable to modify any of the settings at all?

If it is only the APN Protocol setting then the Google Pixel may be locked to IPv6 without the ability to switch to IPv4. If that is indeed the case then you will need to wait on Ring support to see if they can implement a fix to resolve issues with IPv6.

I am speculating a bit here but if anyone in the Community Forums has some knowledge on this feel free to chime in.

RogersTony

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It is all of my apn settings which are locked down.
Highlighted

Hello, @jvetro

Are the APN Settings not available for editing after the Oreo update? Is there any update pending to be applied? I suggest removing the SIM card and power cycling the device. Once the device is powered up insert the SIM card then the device should start authentication process with the tower and download all the required settings. Hopefully, now you may have access to edit APN settings. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersMoin @RogersTony

I have tried the last method you provided by removing the SIM Card, power cycling the phone and inserting the SIM card again, but all the APN Settings are still grayed out.  I have also tried resetting all network settings, and that did not work either.  I also checked with a friend of min who has the same phone (Pixel) on the Rogers network, and his phone has the same issue.  I am not sure if this started with Oreo or Nougat as I did not try to check these settings when it was still on Nougat.

Any other additional help will be appreciated.

Highlighted

Hi @jvetro!

Was this Google Pixel purchased directly from us or from another source?

RogersCorey

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The phone was purchased from Rogers. I spoke to Google tech support and they said to speak with Rogers support as the APN settings are Rogers controlled.