cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 6p charger dead

jonathan3
I've been here awhile

hi Everyone

i've got a fairly new Nexus 6p phone and my charger has died.  i can still charge the phone in the car, but i'd like to have the original charger repaired or replaced.

I called Rogers tech support, who referred me to Huwaei, who referred me to Futuretel, who referred me to Rogers, who referred me back to Huwaei, who recommended i purchase a 3rd-party charger.

at this stage, i've wasted far more time than this charger is worth, so i'd be happy to buy a replacement, if only someone could tell me where to do so.  

thanks

Jonathan

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Nexus 6p charger dead

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jonathan3

The warranty is under Google / Huawei. They should be able to replace it for you. Contact them and explain your situation and see what they can do. Rogers can't replace the cord as the warranty is under the manufacturer. But I see your point and it's valid as well. Call up and see what they can do. Hopefully they can do something for u.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jonathan3

You can get them at your local Best Buy location if they have them in stock or even check online like on Ebay or Amazon and grab one from there. You can also go into any cellphone store and see if they have a third party charge as well. Check around and u will find one.

jonathan3
I've been here awhile
are you sure? this is a 3A charger that supports the quick charge feature, which is why i want an original.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jonathan3

That is why i am saying to check those locations out to see if they do carry them or not. Again if u search you should be able to find it. Have you contacted Google or even checked out Amazon to see if they carry it?. I know my location did have only 2 but that was last week when I saw it. ( Best Buy).

https://www.amazon.ca/Updated-Version-Tronsmart-Technology-Standard/dp/B0146KKL1M

I seen that one. May not be the original but seems like it would go.

EDIT - here you go. Hopefully this is the one u are looking for.

https://store.google.com/product/usb_c_charger

jonathan3
I've been here awhile
thanks Meowmix

i've also found one on ebay, it's cheaper, but it's an original replacement.....and will amost certainly take weeks to arrive.

still, this is a new phone, under warranty, i should not have to pay or wait very long for a replacement.....Roger's and Huawei should have taken care of me several phonecalls, webchats, and forum posts ago.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jonathan3

The warranty is under Google / Huawei. They should be able to replace it for you. Contact them and explain your situation and see what they can do. Rogers can't replace the cord as the warranty is under the manufacturer. But I see your point and it's valid as well. Call up and see what they can do. Hopefully they can do something for u.

jonathan3
I've been here awhile
yeah, i tried that - i spoke to Huwaei USA who said they don't support Canadian customers. I have yet to try Google - but i may just try that if I have some time.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jonathan3

Hopefully they are able to send u a changer! 🙂
Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation