cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 6P

Bratticus
I plan to stick around

I dont think I'm getting the best battery life. And every time I check history details of my battery life... Cellular network signal has a lot of yellow in the bar.... I'm guessing that's it? Because when I switched from Nexus 6 to Nexus 6p I did a fresh install to keep it fresh.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Nexus 6P

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Bratticus

I would suggest a factory reset after backing up the device. If you notice this is still happening and you got the device from Rogers, go into a Rogers store and have them send out the device for repair and have them change the battery. Most likely a defective one. This process CAN take 1-3 weeks at most. As then for a loner phone but be warned it might not be the same one as yours. They will give you what they have.

The last resort is contacting Google and see what they can do / say.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Hi @Bratticus

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums!

How many hours are you getting on your device?

Any other Nexus 6p users in the community have any issues?

RogersPrasana

Bratticus
I plan to stick around
8-10 hours. And when it's idle it just eats battery

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Bratticus

Do you have all your settings on high?. Do you have every app refreshing on the background?.

Have you performed a factory reset to see if the battery gets fixed that way? ( Sometimes it will reset it).

Bratticus
I plan to stick around
Yah I just have the typical stuff in the background like Instagram and Facebook and Gmail. The cellular network signal bar is just always filled with yellow. Less than 3 bars I guess. Factory reset I haven't done no.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Bratticus

I would suggest a factory reset after backing up the device. If you notice this is still happening and you got the device from Rogers, go into a Rogers store and have them send out the device for repair and have them change the battery. Most likely a defective one. This process CAN take 1-3 weeks at most. As then for a loner phone but be warned it might not be the same one as yours. They will give you what they have.

The last resort is contacting Google and see what they can do / say.

Bratticus
I plan to stick around

But... Like...how is it a battery issue? It's just poor signal

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Bratticus

I think you are confusing me and your self here. Your first post says " dont think I'm getting the best battery life. And every time I check history details of my battery life." Then you talk about the poor signal issue you are having and think it's due to that. So you have poor battery life and poor signal issues and those can either be together or something is going on.

Now you might want to follow my steps on doing a factory reset to see of the battery issues still happens or not.

As for the signal issue, where are you located? Have you gone to a Rogers store and changed sim cards? Have you contacted Rogers tech support to see what's going with the signal issue?

Bratticus
I plan to stick around
Well I'm assuming it's cuz of low signal. I'll switch sims. I have a diff one that's new. I'm in Kitchener.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Bratticus

Try to see if its the sim card. Some time the sim cards may be defective or not inserted properly.

If thay doesn't help, I would send in the device and see if they can repair it. Maybe a defective chip that is causing this.

Also its known in areas with alot of trees / concrete and or woods and you aren't close to tower this can happen.

liquido2
I've been here awhile

Nexus 6P battery life

I am having serious problems with the battery life on my Nexus 6P

It all started a few months back and I have since reset the phone back to defaults but the issue is still happening.

When my battery drops below 30% there is a high chance the phone will power off and will not power on until the charger is plugged in.

HOWEVER, if the battery level drops to 15% the phone WILL turn off, after a little research I see I'm not the only one and looks like it is a device issue and nothing I can do will fix that. 

so this renders the phone unable to maintain a charge for a 12hours even if a use it sparingly.

Please advise how this situation can be rectified as I am still in my contract.

thank you

Paul

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @liquido2

Sorry to hear you are having battery issues!

Unfortunately being under a contract does not guarantee the phone will perform properly as the warranty is only 1 year by the manufacturer and not carrier. If you have passed that 1 year then the warranty has ended and you would need to pay to get it fixed or a new battery.

Do you have device protection on your Wireless account? If so you can use that and pay a deductible fee (depends on the model you have up to $200 all of Canada / $250 in Manitoba). This will give u a like new Nexus 6P and u will have to send your back on the bag they provided to you with the waybill.

If you do not have this option, then you have 2 options then. Send it to Google and have them change the battery and charge you the amount via CC or send it into Rogers by store and dropping it off and then same will be done. They will change the battery for u and a charge will apply.

Unfortunately being on a contract still doesn't give u 2 years manufacturer warranty. It's only 1 year by the manufacturer.

liquido2
I've been here awhile
I do have device protection. Where do I go for assistance ?

Thx again
Paul

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @liquido2

Here you go!

Go on there and do it ur self or call in!

http://www.phoneclaim.com/rogers/?

Nexus 6P shuts down at 30%

Got the phone from Rogers on a plan. The shut down issue is getting steadily worse. The last time it shut down on me was at 30%.

What options are available to me for Rogers to fix this? It's been over a year, so I'm not entertaining high hopes, but thought I'd check.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Bill42

Since the 1 Year manufacturer warranty had ended, your only option is to send it into repair via a Rogers store and have them check it out. Unfortunately at this point whatever needs to be replaced or fixed would be paid from you. So they would let u know what the charge will be and if u want to go with it or not.

Even sending it back to Google for repair would cost you as well as the warranty has ended.

The best to do is either send it into repair and see what the cost will be or upgrade to another device. Speak to a Rogers representative and see if they can do anything for you regarding the upgrade to another phone.

Nexus 6P known battery drop issue

Hi I'm wondering what Rogers is doing great for customers that have the Nexus 6P and are having issues with the battery showing 30% left and yet shutting down by themselves anyways. Google was replacing them with PixelXL but only for people who bought them through the Google site. Huawei is hit and miss with their replacing of the defective phones. I bought mine less than a year ago from Rogers. I was noticing the issue about 3 months ago and didn't think anything of it, but then it happens now all the time. It has become totally unreliable.

Thanks

Corman
I plan to stick around

I've contacted Google US, Google Canada, Rogers (phone and chat), and Huawei. No success. 

My device dies between 20-30% everyday. Some days the device will die a few hours after charging. In settings, nothing shows what's killing the battery. I've tried factory reset, flashing factory image from Google, enrolling in the beta, everything. Nothing resolves the issue. 

Google was the most apologetic. The person I chatted with was very concerned but indicated there was absolutely nothing they could do because I purchased my device through Rogers. They provided me with phone numbers to call but they didn't help. Rogers was the worst to deal with. My phone call was cut off when I politely asked to speak with management (after declining my request twice). The chat didn't go much better. Apparently the people in chat are unable to request an escalation of any kind. Both phone and chat were completely oblivious to the Google exchange program offered to those who purchased their devices through the Google Store. 

Huawei offered to replace the device at a cost as long as it was under warranty. Which is very strange considering people on Reddit have had their devices replaced for free well after their 1 year warranty period. I'm very confused as to why some people are getting replacement devices while others are not. 

I could have upgraded to a Pixel XL for free but Rogers wanted me to sign another 2 year contract on a premium tab. No thank you. I thought I'd wait for the Pixel XL 2 instead. But it's $449 on a premium tab!!! Plus I'd have to pay off the remaining balance on the defective Nexus 6P. That's crazy. 

Rogers and Google should be working together to make things right. At this point I'd be happy to simply see my device balance wiped and a heavy discount on the Pixel XL 2. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Corman

Hmm that's no good to tell you. Honestly i am. Disappointed to see how Google and Huawei is dealing with this.

Unfortunately Rogers can not do anything as this is a problem with the manufacturer. If Google and Huwaie would give the Green light to the carriers to do a exchange, that's on them. Rogers is only limited to what they can do. Again this is a problem with the manufacturer not the carrier. Carrier ( Rogers) services are working fine with no issues. This is a problem with the battery of the device which is from the manufacturer. If Rogers can do the exchange they would.

I would contact their head office and file a formal complaint and see what they can do.

As for the discount, you won't sadly get it. They won't waive off the whole balance from this device and give u a huge discount on a Pixel 2 when it's not Rogers fault. They can give u a discount but not to the extent you are saying. Again I agree with you and would be disappointed but really this needs to be addressed with Google and Huwaie. That's why many don't go with Huwaie as many of their devices have had major problems and issues.

Let me contact someone I know and see what I can get u ( phone number or a email to a higher level at Google /Huawei).

Give me a couple of days. However I would suggest to keep pressuring Google and Huwaie.

I'm in the same boat. Brought my phone in knowing the issue ahead of time. Rogers took it for repair and they came back saying it was water damaged. Never been near water once. It was the battery issue the 6p are famous for. Looked at my phone more and they never even opened it or even attempted to investigate it. As I took it too a repair shop and they told me they never even opened the bloody thing . Paid for a new battery and now it's of course doing the same thing 4 months later. Soon as my contract is done in April I'm done with rogers. Not only did Rogers repair place lie Rogers won't step up like goggle if you bought there phone from them and get a replacement.
Many golf claps Rogers
Topic Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 in conversation