Nexus 6P

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Nexus 6P

I dont think I'm getting the best battery life. And every time I check history details of my battery life... Cellular network signal has a lot of yellow in the bar.... I'm guessing that's it? Because when I switched from Nexus 6 to Nexus 6p I did a fresh install to keep it fresh.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Re: Nexus 6P

Hi @Bratticus

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums!

How many hours are you getting on your device?

Any other Nexus 6p users in the community have any issues?

RogersPrasana
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

8-10 hours. And when it's idle it just eats battery
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Bratticus

Do you have all your settings on high?. Do you have every app refreshing on the background?.

Have you performed a factory reset to see if the battery gets fixed that way? ( Sometimes it will reset it).
I Plan to Stick Around

Yah I just have the typical stuff in the background like Instagram and Facebook and Gmail. The cellular network signal bar is just always filled with yellow. Less than 3 bars I guess. Factory reset I haven't done no.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Bratticus

I would suggest a factory reset after backing up the device. If you notice this is still happening and you got the device from Rogers, go into a Rogers store and have them send out the device for repair and have them change the battery. Most likely a defective one. This process CAN take 1-3 weeks at most. As then for a loner phone but be warned it might not be the same one as yours. They will give you what they have.

The last resort is contacting Google and see what they can do / say.
I Plan to Stick Around

But... Like...how is it a battery issue? It's just poor signal

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Bratticus

I think you are confusing me and your self here. Your first post says " dont think I'm getting the best battery life. And every time I check history details of my battery life." Then you talk about the poor signal issue you are having and think it's due to that. So you have poor battery life and poor signal issues and those can either be together or something is going on.

Now you might want to follow my steps on doing a factory reset to see of the battery issues still happens or not.

As for the signal issue, where are you located? Have you gone to a Rogers store and changed sim cards? Have you contacted Rogers tech support to see what's going with the signal issue?
I Plan to Stick Around

Well I'm assuming it's cuz of low signal. I'll switch sims. I have a diff one that's new. I'm in Kitchener.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Bratticus

Try to see if its the sim card. Some time the sim cards may be defective or not inserted properly.

If thay doesn't help, I would send in the device and see if they can repair it. Maybe a defective chip that is causing this.

Also its known in areas with alot of trees / concrete and or woods and you aren't close to tower this can happen.