cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X on Rogers?

brararsh
I Plan to Stick Around

Are we getting these on Rogers? Wanted to use my upgrade but it seems Google has decided to sell them only on Google Store. Any information here from experts?

***edited labels***

642 REPLIES 642

Re: Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X on Rogers?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @derekwtg

It should change either tonight or tomorrow to IN PROGRESS but it all depends what's going on with stock.

Shiz1
I've Been Here Awhile
Hey can you guys let me know where you guys check the reservation status. I haven't been able to find that

alexenea
I Plan to Stick Around

still saying open 😞

I better be getting this on wednesday.....updates are hard to come by

derekwtg
I Plan to Stick Around

Login to the Rogers main site, click my Rogers, select the line if you have more than one and then scroll down to and click device reservation.

jrfox87
I Plan to Stick Around

i guess we will all be crossing our fingers tomorrow that we finally se some progress with this phone!

jmed
I've Been Here Awhile

what date is rogers getting the nexus 5x?

squashdog
I Plan to Stick Around

6P status is still listed as "Open" for me as of 8:00 AM eastern today. I'm # 275. 

jrfox87
I Plan to Stick Around

@jmed

Far as I know, none of the carriers seem to have plans to carry the Nexus 5X at this time.

GregBR
I Plan to Stick Around
I'm still status open and I'm spot #49.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @GregBR

Hopefully it changes tonight!

alexenea
I Plan to Stick Around

good news

i just asked telus(via twitter) if they are getting it tomorrow and they said yes. (they usually just say stay tuned or wtv)

Thats a good sign as im sure all carriers will have it.....and its nov 3...which means if no delay announced, we can expect it tomorrow

I shipped mine to store (im not sure if some chose to their house?) so even though status is open...im very confident ill get it tomorrow

I plan to call store so they can hold until i get off work

good luck!

constable145
I Plan to Stick Around
Too bad they are only carrying the 32gig version

jrfox87
I Plan to Stick Around

@alexenea

Thats not a surprising reply from the Telus twitter because it says right on their website that it is coming November 4th.

If you reserved with Rogers, as it sounds you did, then there will be no need to call the store you had it shipped to as they will call you to tell you its in and then they will hold it for 3 days I believe. Hopefully reserved devices will hit IN PROGRESS and then SHIPPED both today and then hopefully hit stores tomorrow. We will see though.

alexenea
I Plan to Stick Around

True.....but ill call anyway as i figure the notification will be slower or later than me calling lol

Usually reserved devices are put aside with customer info or name on it.....either way ill call to confirm....I hope i see in progress today but might not change until tommorow...who knows

GregBR
I Plan to Stick Around
You're assuming that the first batch of stock will go to people who have reserved. That's not a guarantee. They might decide to only give stock for new customers and then handle reservations on their next shipment a month later.

alexenea
I Plan to Stick Around

@GregBR

thats ridiculous. Sorry...never had that issue. They say that because of the iphone disaster with thousands reserving and stores getting only a handful. AND if thats the case, ill cancel my reservation and go pick it up in store anyway.

Its that simple. there wont be lineups for this phone, most dont even know of it as it has had almost no marketing and they took my 40$ deposit over 4 weeks ago......im def getting this tommorow ! lol

chaotik
I Plan to Stick Around

We paid money ahead of time to reserve the device. I feel that should give us some sort of priority. Otherwise, what's the point ?

alexenea
I Plan to Stick Around
i think they say that because each store needs at least 1 for public....so assuming a store got 5, but 6 reserved, only 4 would get it.

Like i said, it sounds like there is 500 reserved for all of canada, assuming 20 are not from same store, no one should have this issue for this phone.

The joy of being on android....so many headsets, ppl not lining up once a year on a release

GregBR
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm just expecting the worst but hoping for the best.

I just read a story about someone who had problems with rogers reservations while the store he shopped at had stock but refused to fufill his reservations because all their stock was for NEW customers (not even device upgrades).  

It's all heresay though so who knows! I'm hoping for mine tomorrow! Already have a case for it ready.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @chaotik

The reservation system does not guarantee that you will get it at launch or before anyone else. Paying the $40 is just to keep a device in your name once stock does come in. You get the $40 back once you cancel or get the device.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @GregBR

Unfortunately thats not true. All stock gets allocated between departments and stress. It's not refusal but it seems that the reservation system only gets a small amount if small amount comes in.