Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X on Rogers?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X on Rogers?

I asked this a week ago. Nobody seems to have any answers about the 5X. 

I find the size of the Samsung Note phones a bit too wide as it is.  The Nexus 6 & 6P are even wider.  I really hope Rogers plans to carry the 5X.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah. I was thinking the same. But the nexus 6p is only a touch longer than the LG g4 and they are the same width wise. What's the return policy on pre reserved devices. 15 days and under 30 minutes talk time? I could use a week to test it out and exchange for something else if I find it too large. I talked to Rogers on the chat but I was told for reserved devices the exchange for another phone can only happen after the reserved device gets back to the warehouse....?
I Plan to Stick Around

I am disappointed Rogers isn't offering the 64GB model. 32GB is definitely not enough for the size of most apps these days. Guess I will have to hold out for Google to get more stock.

I've Been Here Awhile

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @garythevans

Incorrect. All carriers are told which model they can release on their network and for how much and how many units they receive. Apple controls the stock, pricing, launch dates and all. Same with Google and the Nexus line.

Weird, i used to work for Rogers, now i work for Samsung, and beleive me, our company would love to bring out the 64gb version of the Note 5, however Rogers and Bell would rather make more sales from the 64gb Edge Plus. Carrier controls what stock they want based on projected profit margins, Why would Google or Samsung hinder themselves in Canada on purpose. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @zaheerkhan

If u see Samsungs past record u can see they never bring the higher end GB models to any Canadian carriers no matter what. Thus why Samsung doesn't do it. Apple controls all the stock, pricing and shipment to Apple. ( I worked for a breaf time at the Rogers warehouse thus why I know what i am saying is true and also know a few at Rogers that let me know). It's a agreement both the carrier and manufacturer have. No other Canadian carrier has released the higher end GB models either. So that shows something there. We can't blame Rogers or say they are at fault if no other carrier has them either. While u are also correct about the projected profit, there are other major reasons as well.
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello @Meowmix,

I noticed that orders for the Nexus 6P purchased via the Google Play store are starting to ship. Do you know if Rogers has received their allotment of the Nexus 6P, and when they will begin shipping orders placed on the reservation system? I'm just curious because i'm number 15 on the reservation system and the status is still listed as "open".

Cheers,

I Plan to Stick Around

Same here. Status still showing open. I'm 6th in line. I am hoping that things will start moving forward on Monday !

I Plan to Stick Around

. you guys are lucky, I was 330 in line and somehow accidentally canceled my reservation and had to start over. Currently 363rd.
Your average Android Junkie
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey @chaotik,

I was hoping to have this device in hand by the 2nd since that's the so-called Canadian release date - fingers crossed!

Cheers

I Plan to Stick Around

It is now available on the Google store and ships in 1-2 business days.

https://store.google.com/product/nexus_6p