Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X on Rogers?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X on Rogers?

Fair warning to anyone who has the 6P.

Do not keep this phone in your pocket.

I forgot the phone was in my pocket and sat down. When I pulled it out of my pocket there was just a line down the center of the screen. The LCD display under the glass has cracked 

Rogers is considering this to be customer damage and will not cover this under warrenty

Smiley Sad

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @fgsdgsegfe

Oh no that's no good!Smiley Sad.. Yea unfortunately that doesn't cover physical damage.Did you get the device protection from Rogers?
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix I do have device protection however the repair center is only charging $175 for the LCD replacement and the cost through the Rogers device protection is $200 so it's being repaired and hopefully won't be too much longer of a wait

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I'm guessing the back pocket?
I Plan to Stick Around

It's the only pocket the a phone this big fits in!

I Plan to Stick Around

Wait. You paid for device protection with Rogers and it still cheaper to go via the manufacturer's repair center?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @fdsf

Rogers won't repair it. They will replace it with another unit most of the times. So thus why it's a bit more..
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Device protection from Rogers is expensive especially with kinda of deductible. It's $12 a month also isn't it?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Dx9

Yes that is correct. Think of it this may as many don't. Your paying 11.99 per month for 2 years which is $287.76. Let's say ur device is $650 outright. They ask u to pay $290 for another unit. That's $577 right there. That saves u almost $120 instead of buying another device. They give u a new one or like new exact same device as urs. U can also cancel it if u like at any time. While yes u can fix the screen or damage somewhere else like Pacific Mall, they aren't trained or professional technical tech that fixes ur device. They just send it to someone that fixes it and don't have warranty. Also if the OP sends the device somewhere to get it fixed, it will void the warranty.

Now I'm not saying it's the best out there but it's still something. U also have to send back ur device to them but can still keep the accessories and everything.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @fdsf

If you worked for the company then you know that no company gives u a new one. Not even Apple when they exchange the unit for you... You should know this..

They all give u refurbished devices as the new ones are for sell only. The refurbished ones are bad as I gotten a few and never had issues. The customer has to ask if it's a new one or refurbished. Sometimes they might get a new one but most of the times its a refurbished model. Microsoft, Apple and Samsung stores do the same. They don't give you a new one in box.