Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X on Rogers?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X on Rogers?

Hello @stego

Yeah it's very slippery and many customers I have seen at my work either have dropped them or require a case!.

Oh nice thag case is sick!!:)
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@stego. Have the same case. Great case also. You will be all set. Enjoy the Nexus.
I've Been Around

Anyone having connectivity issues? After 6.0.1update LTE keep dropping and switching between 3G and H. Mos ot the time i can resolve problem by rebooting or swith aiplane on and off but dosent work all the. Read on net some U.S user (at&t and verizon) are having same issues after update.

@Juniorxavier, no problems here. After the update I didn't have LTE for about 10 min. Came back on its own. Maybe reboot into recovery and wipe your cache partition
I've Been Around

If I don't put music or movies on my phone, would 32 GB be enough for me?  All I put on my phone are some pictures and apps.

@ray3, I use Spotify for music as it is included in my plan. I don't have any songs on my device. As for videos and pics all go up in Google Photos. You have a choice of full resolution or high resolution (compressed) but look fantastic. Can hardly see a difference honestly. I have over 15,000 pics and videos in Google Photos cloud. I take a bunch of pics through the day, get back on Wifi later on at home, they upload automatically once on Wifi. I then delete off the device and that's it. Works perfectly
I Plan to Stick Around

I'd avoid a 32 gig phone if possible. 64gig phones are just so much more future proof. Also, you don't need to worry about running out of space. I have the 64gig version and I have over 17 gigs of apps.

Totally depends on what you use your phone for anyways. I would get the 64GB if Rogers offered it. They don't so I settled for a 32GB. Wouldn't need the 64GB anyways but for only like $50/to double the storage is a no brainer.

Since I use Spotify for music and Google Photos I don't need much space. Music is in the cloud, I'm around Wifi often and pics and videos are in the cloud as well. I have a 16GB Data Plan so I don't have an issue whatsoever.

I only use a handful of apps and I don't game on my device. My Nexus is a setup to my liking with my apps etc and I have 22GB of space left. I don't put junk apps on. I use my sports, a few social media apps and a few others. If I don't use certain apps on a daily basis no point of being in my phone. That's just me 😉
I'm Here A Lot

@Juniorxavieri noticed my LTE coverage was flaky at best a few days ago. I called Rogers to confirm my account was setup properly and they said yes.

Funny enough, since i made that call, I am seeing more consistent LTE coverage. 😉

I've Been Around

Is Rogers planning to carry the 5x?  I've been visiting the local store weekly and they keep telling me they will and to check back since November.  It's getting ridiculous.  Anyone know?  If not, I am happy to ditch my10+ years of Rogers to go to Bell or Telus who are carrying it and offering massive discount to switch for same service.