Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X on Rogers?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X on Rogers?

Hello @constable145

It seems like Rogers and the manufacturers have decided that a 64GB isn't need as there is cloud space or something else in the agreement we cat see.
I've Been Here Awhile

Subject says it all.

If I order a Nexus 6P from Rogers (instead of Google), will the phone be unlocked (SIM and O/S updates)?

Thanks

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wstrange

Yes it will be. All Nexus devices sold within carriers will be factory unlocked.
I Plan to Stick Around

Any word on when Rogers will be able to ship the 6P ?

I made my reservation over a week ago and the reservation page shows that I am 9th in line to get it but there is still no ETA as to when we can reasonably expect it. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @chaotik

The date should be released soon. Sadly there is no word as of when it will be.
I'm Here A Lot

Any word yet if Rogers will carry the Nexus 5X?  And if so, when will we be able to put in a reservation for it?

I noticed Wind has it listed as "Coming Soon"

http://www.windmobile.ca/plans-and-devices/mobile-devices/device-details/nexus-5x

I've Been Here Awhile

Google Nexus 6PGoogle Nexus 6P is the Latest smartphone from Google. the phone comes with QHD display, Latest android Marshmallow, good battery and powerful processor. overall the phone come with a powerful configuration and lots more inside the phone. The best price of this smartphone ( 64 GB ) in India is Rs. 42,999. the smartphone comes in three storage variants 32 GB, 64 GB, and 128 GB. it is Single Sim ( sim type nano ) smartphone.

Google Nexus 6P Full Specification Display and Design

The Google Nexus 6P comes with 5.7 inches QHD 1440 x 2560 pixel resolution at ( 518 PPI pixels Density ) AMOLED capacitive touchscreen. the display of this smartphone is protected with corning gorilla glass 4 with an Oleophobic coating. Despite, very big screen the phone is just 7.3 mm thick and 178 gram in weight. the phone has a very elegant design and wrapped Aluminium body, which makes this phone premium. the smartphone has a fingerprint scanner at the rear. the Google Nexus 6P comes in three colors Aluminium, Graphite, Frost.

Google Nexus 6P

Configuration and OS

The Smartphone comes with a very powerful 1.55 GHz quad-core cortex A53 & 2.0 GHz quad-core cortex A57 processor, based on Qualcomm MSM8994 Snapdragon 810 chipsets. The phone is paired with Adreno 430 GPU for the best gaming and media. the phone come with 3 GB RAM and runs on latest android OS v6.0 Marshmallow.

Camera and Storage

The Google Nexus 6P come with 12 megapixels 4608 x 2592 pixels resolution, laser autofocus rear camera with Dual tone Dual LED flashlight. the features of this smartphone camera are like Geo-tagging, Touch focus, smile detection, face detection, photo sphere, HDR, Dual recording, and panorama. the phone camera can record video at 2160p @ 30fps.  on the other hand, the phone has 8 megapixels front snap shooter a selfie and video calling. the Google Nexus 6P comes in three storage variants 32GB/64GB/128GB. which is not expandable.

Google Nexus 6P

Battery and Connectivity

The Google Nexus 6P packed with Li-PO 3450 mAh non-removable battery. on the other hand, the connectivity features of this smartphone are like WiFi, WiFi Direct, Dualband, Hotspot, DLNA, Bluetooth, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, NFC, USB type-C 1.0 reversible connector.

Verdict

Overall the Google Nexus 6P is a Very good phone with a very powerful configuration and features. the has very powerful processor, QHD display, powerful Battery and latest android OS Marshmallow. the phone has a fingerprint scanner at the back and with a protected  layer on it. overall it is a worth paying to buy this phone.

I Plan to Stick Around

Would really like to see the 64gb model from Rogers as well.  Waiting to hear some news on this before I go order directly f rom Google.

I Plan to Stick Around

Mobile Syrup is reporting that the 32G 6P will be available on Nov 2nd

http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/10/14/nexus-6p-launch-delayed-until-november-2-in-canada/

I Plan to Stick Around

im 253 on the wait list:( are these numbers nation wide? just made my reservation yesterday