Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X on Rogers?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X on Rogers?

True.....but ill call anyway as i figure the notification will be slower or later than me calling lol

Usually reserved devices are put aside with customer info or name on it.....either way ill call to confirm....I hope i see in progress today but might not change until tommorow...who knows

I Plan to Stick Around

You're assuming that the first batch of stock will go to people who have reserved. That's not a guarantee. They might decide to only give stock for new customers and then handle reservations on their next shipment a month later.
I Plan to Stick Around

@GregBR

thats ridiculous. Sorry...never had that issue. They say that because of the iphone disaster with thousands reserving and stores getting only a handful. AND if thats the case, ill cancel my reservation and go pick it up in store anyway.

Its that simple. there wont be lineups for this phone, most dont even know of it as it has had almost no marketing and they took my 40$ deposit over 4 weeks ago......im def getting this tommorow ! lol

I Plan to Stick Around

We paid money ahead of time to reserve the device. I feel that should give us some sort of priority. Otherwise, what's the point ?

I Plan to Stick Around

i think they say that because each store needs at least 1 for public....so assuming a store got 5, but 6 reserved, only 4 would get it.

Like i said, it sounds like there is 500 reserved for all of canada, assuming 20 are not from same store, no one should have this issue for this phone.

The joy of being on android....so many headsets, ppl not lining up once a year on a release
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm just expecting the worst but hoping for the best.

I just read a story about someone who had problems with rogers reservations while the store he shopped at had stock but refused to fufill his reservations because all their stock was for NEW customers (not even device upgrades).  

It's all heresay though so who knows! I'm hoping for mine tomorrow! Already have a case for it ready.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @chaotik

The reservation system does not guarantee that you will get it at launch or before anyone else. Paying the $40 is just to keep a device in your name once stock does come in. You get the $40 back once you cancel or get the device.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @GregBR

Unfortunately thats not true. All stock gets allocated between departments and stress. It's not refusal but it seems that the reservation system only gets a small amount if small amount comes in.
I Plan to Stick Around

@alexenea you see @Meowmix 's reply? No guarantee you'll get it tomorrow 😛 Told you so.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @GregBR

Its true. The reservation system does not guarantee that you will get it at launch or before anyone else who will walk into a store or pre order via calling the person say lol. It all depends on stock level, how many they allocate and such.