Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X on Rogers?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leidend
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X on Rogers?

I appreciate your replies but your signature says you don't work for Rogers. A little official communication never hurt anybody, and the device reservation page says we'll get periodic updates. I'm starting to feel pretty dumb for not ordering direct from Google (I did, but then cancelled when Rogers quietly started taking reservations - would have it by now).

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Leidend

While I agree on what you said, carriers could tell us but it's not their responsibility unless the manufacturer said so. The reservation system does not guarantee that you will get it at launch or before anyone else ( walk ins) and also the periodic emails is something me and many have spoken to them about. It seems like they have failed in that part as well. The emails just let u know what status and number u are. That's all. The only email that is worth something is when it ships out. U get a email letting you know ur tracking number and such.

They need to reamp that part.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys

So it seems the Nexus 6P can break & bend easily but as long as you do not put it into youir back pocket or try to bend it or force on it you should be fine.

Here is the review & bend test

http://9to5google.com/2015/10/30/nexus-6p-bend-test/
alexenea
I Plan to Stick Around

That's not true at all..... Although I wouldn't put it in back pocket.

That test on YouTube that went viral was an early prototype that had it's screen cracked and flame put on prior to bending it. It was proven wrong by many others since
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @alexenea

All devices will bend / break if you put pressure or sit on it. That is the truth. Devices are NOT made to last & not break lol.

Either way its a good test to show to some people.
jrfox87
I Plan to Stick Around

Many others have done bend tests that have debunked that video now. Even the Verge wrote an article on how its not true.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jrfox87

Even if they did & its debunked, we can not say the device cna not break or bend if heavy pressure is put into it. Any device will break at one point.
jrfox87
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

I'm well aware that every device will break if you stress it enough, the point is that it's not as easy to do as that video suggests.

squashdog
I Plan to Stick Around

Any updates on delivery times?

My reservation has moved from 286 (I think) to 276 over the last few days. I assume some have dropped out and others have decided to purchase from Google. I checked the reservation this morning (9:00 AM Eastern) and it is still listed as "Open". That is, I can still make changes to the pick-up location. Sadly, this tells me there have been no deliveries to stores over the weekend and the phones are not sitting in the store waiting to be picked up on the 2nd or 4th (I list both dates as there has been no official statement from Rogers regarding the release date). 

alexenea
I Plan to Stick Around

It's safe to say, since it got pushed twice, that stores will have them on 4th.

Distribution can take a day... I wouldn't worry. They pushed it just 2 days for a reason