cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X on Rogers?

brararsh
I Plan to Stick Around

Are we getting these on Rogers? Wanted to use my upgrade but it seems Google has decided to sell them only on Google Store. Any information here from experts?

***edited labels***

642 REPLIES 642

Re: Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X on Rogers?

chaotik
I Plan to Stick Around

When I called Rogers in early October to inquire about the Nexus 6P, the agent I spoke to didn't even know the difference between a Nexus 6P and a Nexus 6 so I wouldn't take what they say to the bank.

The website is clear that it is coming : 

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirelessBuyFlow?forwardTo=PhoneThenPlan&productType=normal&productId_...

As far as the date, everything I have read points to November 2nd for the ETA in Canada. I'm not sure about Rogers specifically though.

BJwrPJNP
I Plan to Stick Around

I notice that if I try to reserve the nexus 6p it says grey. I'm not sure, is this the silver looking one or the black looking one ? Does anyone know ?

Google lists the colours as Aluminium , Graphite and Frost.

alexenea
I Plan to Stick Around

Grey is the black ... Referred to as graphite as it's not realy black

alexenea
I Plan to Stick Around
I believe those who reserved (like me) will get it no later than November 3rd

Seems like stores will have the right to sell it on 2nd... Although it's possible they will get it a few days earlier

Best case scenario is those that reserved get it by next Friday but I'll expect Tuesday November 3rd

MrFugazii
I Plan to Stick Around
Well here's hoping. Looking to return this note 5 to get it instead.
Your average Android Junkie

alexenea
I Plan to Stick Around

You can't go wrong with a nexus!

Was hoping they'd get the 64version though

I think note 5 has brighter screen, and s-pen

But losses out with its awful touch wiz

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @alexenea

Unfortunately Rogers stores won't sell it before the launch day and even if the stores get the pre orders/ reservations before launch, they must wait until launch date to release it or they can be fined for releasing a product early.

alexenea
I Plan to Stick Around

Ah yes... I remember that

I guess the 2nd is a very safe bet. Won't ship that day, but will be as of that day I'm quite sure

🙌

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @alexenea

I'm pretty sure devices will start shipping a couple days before or after the launch date. Do remember using the reservation system does not guarantee that you will get it at launch or before anyone else.

BJwrPJNP
I Plan to Stick Around

For those that have reserved, what number are they at now ? 

MrFugazii
I Plan to Stick Around
@Meowmix, do you know if all stores will have them or specific ones?

alexenea
I Plan to Stick Around

They should have some for those that didn't as it's launch day

I'm number 18... And I reserved the 29th. Might go by province . Quebec here

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @MrFugazii

It all depends on the stock. Rogers Plus stores should have in stock but depends now how many units they get. Rogers authorized stores have their own private warehouses which get them at random times

MrFugazii
I Plan to Stick Around
Duly noted. Thank you.

Need2fly
I Plan to Stick Around
251 on the list

Need2fly
I Plan to Stick Around
do units go to reserved customers first or do they still leave some stock for walk-ins and backfill reserved devices?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Need2fly

When stock comes in, they allocate them between stores, reservations, pre orders, business orders and call center orders. So a part of the stock goes to the reservation and depends on how many they get

tayo
I've Been Around

Has anybody heard whether Rogers will be getting in the 5x also? I think the 6p is a bit too much of a handful.

Texidar
I'm Here A Lot

I asked this a week ago. Nobody seems to have any answers about the 5X. 

I find the size of the Samsung Note phones a bit too wide as it is.  The Nexus 6 & 6P are even wider.  I really hope Rogers plans to carry the 5X.

Need2fly
I Plan to Stick Around
Yeah. I was thinking the same. But the nexus 6p is only a touch longer than the LG g4 and they are the same width wise. What's the return policy on pre reserved devices. 15 days and under 30 minutes talk time? I could use a week to test it out and exchange for something else if I find it too large. I talked to Rogers on the chat but I was told for reserved devices the exchange for another phone can only happen after the reserved device gets back to the warehouse....?

TheDestroyer69
I Plan to Stick Around

I am disappointed Rogers isn't offering the 64GB model. 32GB is definitely not enough for the size of most apps these days. Guess I will have to hold out for Google to get more stock.