Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X on Rogers?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X on Rogers?

Its for music storage for me mainly. Not everyone has unlimited data to stream from the cloud.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @bboyshark

Log into My Rogers - Products And Services - Device Reservation. Fill out the information including the store u want to pickup at. Remember there is a $40 reservation fee which will be credited back to you once the reservation has been shipped or canceled.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @GibMcFragger

While many don't understand it, I do. The carriers including the manufacturers put limits and restrictions on how many and which units carriers get. Rogers isn't the only one that is doing this. U are welcome to buy the phone outright from Google if u like bigger GB but Rogers won't carry the higher models and i doubt any Canadian carrier will carry it.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Because I have around 54GB of music on my phone. I don't really see the point of chewing up data to stream it from the cloud. Storage is cheap.

As for the 32GB phones, they generally only have around 27GB of actual space once you take into account the OS and uninstallable bloatware apps. 🙂
I'm Here A Lot

Yet they do have control over what they buy and resell to us. They are not told by Google or apple what to buy and resell.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @garythevans

Incorrect. All carriers are told which model they can release on their network and for how much and how many units they receive. Apple controls the stock, pricing, launch dates and all. Same with Google and the Nexus line.
I'm Here A Lot

Wrong. But nice try though. Manufaturers control the pricing and the launch dates but not the stock.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @garythevans

Think what you want but i did work for one of the manufacturers and i can assure you that I'm Right ;). Also carriers don't build, ship or manufacturer the devices. I can show u a few things proving that I am correct but I'll let u think what u want 🙂

At the end of the day, carriers only get whatever the manufactures give them. Rogers is a carrier & not a manufacturer. They do not build, Supply or request a huge amount of stock.

I Plan to Stick Around

Mobilesyrup says that Rogers is only offering the 32gb version.

What is with Rogers incessant love with only offering 32gb Android phones? They did it with the Note 5. Now it looks like the Nexus 6P will only be offered in that size. Without expandable memory, 32gigs is nowhere near sufficient.

Why is it that we'll be able to order the 64 and 128 gig versions direct from Google or Huawai, but not through Rogers?

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi RogersDarrell,

Will Nexus 5X and 6P models purchased from Rogers have to rely on Rogers for future software updates, or will they get OTA updates directly from Google at the same time as 5X & 6P devices purchased directly from Google?