cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X on Rogers?

brararsh
I Plan to Stick Around

Are we getting these on Rogers? Wanted to use my upgrade but it seems Google has decided to sell them only on Google Store. Any information here from experts?

***edited labels***

642 REPLIES 642

Re: Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X on Rogers?

fdsf
I Plan to Stick Around
That, I didn't know. Cheers

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @fdsf

No worries!. I never knew it either until I noticed Apple doing it and so did Rogers as well.

akaliel
I Plan to Stick Around

Is Rogers ever going to carry the Nexus 5X?  You've previously only said that you will not comment on unreleased devices.  Well, it's released, for a few months now.  Is it ever going to enter your line up?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @akaliel

If they haven't this far then sadly they won't carry it. If it's not on their site then no. Also they won't make any comments if they don't have any information on this.

akaliel
I Plan to Stick Around
Thanks, and BTW I did do a search on this topic. But wasn't going to read a 64 page thread for a simple yes/no to my question.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @akaliel

No worries!. 🙂

alevasse
I Plan to Stick Around

So I was talking to a Rogers representative about the Nexus 6p, and she said it was only unlocked if I paid the 50$ unlocking fee. This sounds absurd to me, as the phone should come factory unlocked from Google and is detailed to work on all GSM/HSPA/ and LTE bands. Can someone confirm that if I buy my Nexus 6p on contract without paying the 50$, that it will be unlocked? If so, Rogers is doing some shady practice on something that should already be unlocked.

alevasse
I Plan to Stick Around
I confirm that the phone is definitely unlocked and that Roger's tried to charge me 50$ to do it anyways... Not acceptable.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @alevasse

All Nexus device should be factory unlocked no matter if u got it from a carrier or not. Seems to me the rep was wrong.

alevasse
I Plan to Stick Around
@Meowmix

seems 4 reps and there team leads were wrong. I called 4 times, including the tech center.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @alevasse

When I insert a different sim card into my buddies Nexus 6 which he bought from Rogers it works. They all fail to know Nexus devices are truly unlocked.

alevasse
I Plan to Stick Around
Not knowing the product you sell and charging people 50$ to unlock something that is already unlocked is unacceptable. That's the point...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @alevasse

I agree with you. I was at a Rogers store a couple weeks back and i noticed a rep was saying the same thing to a customer. I interfered and told the rep & the customer all Nexus devices are factory unlocked. The rep looked at me mad but i noticed his manager pulled him aside & told him that its true and that next time just let the customer know.

They need to train the reps more.