Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X on Rogers?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X on Rogers?

That, I didn't know. Cheers
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @fdsf

No worries!. I never knew it either until I noticed Apple doing it and so did Rogers as well.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Is Rogers ever going to carry the Nexus 5X?  You've previously only said that you will not comment on unreleased devices.  Well, it's released, for a few months now.  Is it ever going to enter your line up?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @akaliel

If they haven't this far then sadly they won't carry it. If it's not on their site then no. Also they won't make any comments if they don't have any information on this.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks, and BTW I did do a search on this topic. But wasn't going to read a 64 page thread for a simple yes/no to my question.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @akaliel

No worries!. Smiley Happy
I Plan to Stick Around

So I was talking to a Rogers representative about the Nexus 6p, and she said it was only unlocked if I paid the 50$ unlocking fee. This sounds absurd to me, as the phone should come factory unlocked from Google and is detailed to work on all GSM/HSPA/ and LTE bands. Can someone confirm that if I buy my Nexus 6p on contract without paying the 50$, that it will be unlocked? If so, Rogers is doing some shady practice on something that should already be unlocked.

I Plan to Stick Around

I confirm that the phone is definitely unlocked and that Roger's tried to charge me 50$ to do it anyways... Not acceptable.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @alevasse

All Nexus device should be factory unlocked no matter if u got it from a carrier or not. Seems to me the rep was wrong.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

seems 4 reps and there team leads were wrong. I called 4 times, including the tech center.