cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X on Rogers?

brararsh
I Plan to Stick Around

Are we getting these on Rogers? Wanted to use my upgrade but it seems Google has decided to sell them only on Google Store. Any information here from experts?

***edited labels***

642 REPLIES 642

Re: Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X on Rogers?

evcom
I've Been Here Awhile

With all (or nearly all) carriers BUT Rogers offering the Nexus 5X and no one at Rogers having information on whether or not they will offer it, I feel disappointed by the lack of support. These Google flagships are in many people's expectancies... no information might just be worse than a definitive "no, we won't offer the Nexus 5X". I guess it just holds me until my patience reaches its limit. No contract, ok plan, retention factor is low. Yes, 6P could be an option, unless you're not ready to pay 100$ more or carry a HUGE phone.

Wind Mobile: $599 outright, as low as $49 on the WINDTab (16GB version)

Bell: $579.99 no-term, or$129.99 on a 2-year term (16GB version)
SaskTel: $599.99 outright, $149.99 on a 2-year term (16GB version)
Videotron: $499.95 outright, and $99.95 on a 2-year term (16GB version)
Eastlink: $603 retail, or $99 on the Tab. (Coming soon, 16GB version)
Telus: $630 outright, and $130 on a 2-year term.

Source: MobileSyrup.com (http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/11/10/nexus-5x-canada-carriers/)

bboyshark
I Plan to Stick Around
Did u guys know videotron is offering nexus 6p for 99.99 ( 2 year term, 79.99 and up)?

Need2fly
I Plan to Stick Around

@evcom thanks for the info. i cant see crap in that portal. it always redirects me to call rogers with a token number.

I just called them and spoke to a very helpful rep and he said things are backed up today but more devices should be getting shipped tomorrow. keep your fingers crossed.

LeCouter
I Plan to Stick Around

Just cancelled my Business Reservation. 

Hope you all have creamy Marshmallow 6P's in your possession soon!

Picked up my Nexus 6P on Tuesday night. Apparently it had come in on Friday the 6th, but I missed the call because my phone was on airplane mode when I was at work, and did't have "Who Called." 

Anyway, loving it so far. Size is a bit to get used to and the phone feels a bit slippery in my hand. Dropped it once so far, but noting serious. If I can find a slim case just make the grip a bit more sticky I'll pick one up. Very impressed with the battery so far, going on my 2nd day without a charge, haven't had anything with a battery that good since my Blackberry in 2010, lol. 

Kdot
I'm Here A Lot
Cancelled as well and went to Telus as I was offered a better deal.

Need2fly
I Plan to Stick Around

my unit just shipped - should be at my house by end of day tomorrow....

Levistras
I Plan to Stick Around

If you guys are curious, this thing looks pretty sexy with a Slickwraps skin applied:

bboyshark
I Plan to Stick Around
Get the orzly flex case, i just got it today took a week tobget it from amazon.ca, its only 8.99, looks nice and has a good grip

Levistras
I Plan to Stick Around

I ordered the Orzly off Amazon on Nov 2nd.  Says its going to be here December 10th....  grabbed the $19.99 clear silicone case that's popped up at many Rogers stores in the meantime.   Have also ordered the Spigen rugged armor case, but might not use it for a bit is it would hide the new skin 🙂

Is rogers ever going to get the Nexus 5x?

constable145
I Plan to Stick Around

Can one of the Rogers experts advise when if/when Rogers will roll out wifi calling onthe 6P seeing as it is supported by the 6P?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @constable145

From what i have heard and seen it will come out sometime soon but there is no ETA for it.

TJ4
I'm Here A Lot
Mine got here last night around 8pm its a really really nice phone I got the moko anti drop case on it right now for like 10 bucks on amazon I also am getting a skin very soon its a really really nice device if you were like me going from an iPhone 5 it may seem super big but the screen display forward facing speakers the camera are all worth it great buy

AnonymousUser
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I got mine a couple of days ago, but not through Rogers.

I must say, this phone is really quite awesome.

Far better than the iPhone 6s Plus I switched from.  It's nice to be back on Android, so much more flexible than iOS and the hardware from the Nexus 6p is really quite powerful.

Martinomac
I Plan to Stick Around

Is there any chance that Rogers will carry the Nexus 6P in 64GB or 128GB?  

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Martinomac

Unfortunately there is no way of knowing that since Rogers has not made a comment of this. They might but not until the future if they decide to do so. For now it's only via Google.

Martinomac
I Plan to Stick Around
Thank @Meowmix, I hope they make an announcement about it soon. I feel that 32GB is just not enough these days.

iteatsme
I've Been Here Awhile

Got this on Friday:

"This is a status update on the reservation for the Nexus 6P pertaining to cellular number(s) xxx-xx1-xxx8.
Your reservation in line, at the time of sending you this email are outlined below

xxx-xx1-xxx8 Position #32 out of 88"

My position hasn't budged since the phone came out, except for the few that have cancelled their reservation. Almost 2 weeks now that they have been available in-store and shipping to non-business customers.

Nice of them to let me know that I'm as close to getting it now as I was when I pre-ordered nearly month ago. I would definitely have cancelled if I didn't want this phone so much, and wasn't a sucker for believing it's being delivered tomorrow ;)... wait is that UPS at the door? Nope.

Still waiting =\

constable145
I Plan to Stick Around
No WiFi calling on the 6P yet. The device and marshmallow support it, but Rogers hasn't rolled it out.

I ordered the 64gb version direct from Google. Well worth the money. The fact my plan doesn't exist anymore and the ability to walk away whenever I want is kinda liberating.