cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X on Rogers?

brararsh
I Plan to Stick Around

Are we getting these on Rogers? Wanted to use my upgrade but it seems Google has decided to sell them only on Google Store. Any information here from experts?

***edited labels***

642 REPLIES 642

Re: Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X on Rogers?

TJ4
I'm Here A Lot

hey i feel your pain ive been with rogers for 25 years and they made go on a plan where i pay almost 55 dollars more and get less data just to upgrade my phone great customer loyalty

jamesneiles
I've Been Here Awhile

Has rogers made any comment on the business reservations? im #19 and still in progress. How are people who are number 300 on the consumer system getting it. im happy for them but i feel like ive been put in the dark here

derekwtg
I Plan to Stick Around

Argh. Frustration keeps building.

My store got 3 in... none of them mine despite me being #16 on the reserve list.

mschnarr
I've Been Around
I walked into best buy mobile and bought one on and upgrade

GT_Hawk
I've Been Around

ok fliped through and did not see it. was there any word on nexus 5x. Will rogers get it. Bell just launched this device for 129 on a 2 year contract. this device is the diffrence of my wife moving to rogers from bell and not. it would be absolutley silly for rogers not to stock the nexus 5x considering the origional nexus 5 is cosidered the best nexus device and this is a great sucesor to it. Also the 6p the wife thinks is to big so not a option.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @GT_Hawk

Sadly Rogers has not announced yet that they will carry it. I am looking for that model my self.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @mschnarr

That is what i have told some on here as well. Best Buy has some in stock but its best to call before going. They do not do business or corporate accounts though.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @jamesneiles

Rogers has done this for all reservations. It seems business accounts are hold up with the status & account security which is should not take that long.

derekwtg
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix in your opinion, when do I escalate things with Rogers? I got the reservation shipping notification late thursday along with everyone else, but it seems like my phone has either been lost, delayed, stolen, or perhaps sold to someone else. I'm thinking the most likely case is just a UPS delay, and I'm hoping it arrives today.

My store received other reservations yesterday, but not mine.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @derekwtg

Was this a Rogers Plus store or a Authorized dealer? There might be a reason due to that as well.

fgsdgsegfe
I Plan to Stick Around
@GT_Hawk . If you can afford it, I'd recommend just buying it from the Google store directly. Most carriers are selling the 5x for $579 outright for the 16GB. You can buy the 32GB from Google for $549 and you would save 20$/m with BYOD

derekwtg
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix I think they are an authorized dealer. So do you think it's likely just a delay? I am considering starting to call around to find a best buy or similar that may have one.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @derekwg

If its a Authorized dealer then yes it will take a longer time as they are privately owned & the devices go to another warehouse before reaching their stores. Rogers has made this clear on the Rogers Reservations system FAQ as well.

derekwtg
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix See, that's kind of my issue. This store already received a few units, but not mine. Despite me being really high on the reserve list (I know that isn't a gurantee). I'm just wondering, at what point do I do something about it, if my device was perhaps lost.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @derekwtg

They get their devices from other sources thats why they have thoughs. Yours is coming straight from Rogers.

Either way i would contact Rogers & speak to a manager or someone at sells & see what they can do. They can only order you a new one if their system allows it. If not ask for a credit & the re do it from the list.

evcom
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm #56 of 86 in the business queue cause I had a plan from my old employer.  I called Rogers to switch to consumer so that I can get the phone faster.  I haven't received my consumer queue # yet but I'm keeping the business order in place also.  First one to ship wins! 🙂

Need2fly
I Plan to Stick Around

@evcom where do you see your position the waitlist for the buisness lines?

LeCouter
I Plan to Stick Around

@Need2fly No more waiting for the 6P... Rogers extended me an offer on a Note 5 that I couldn't refuse. Plus I need a phone ASAP due to my current phone life near the end. Have had quite the battle with Rogers these past few weeks on many issues, but glad they decided they had made some customer service errors and extending much better customer service in terms of an offer to keep my business.

Once I receive confirmation of the new device being shipped I will remove myself from business reserve list. Currently 27th on that list.

Good luck to everyone. Hope the devices dont take long to reach your hands, and that it comes with no more issues.

HERE.

evcom
I've Been Here Awhile

@Need2fly you can go here once you're in click on the order search tab on the top left, you can enter your order ID or phone #.

fdsf
I Plan to Stick Around
The Google brand nexus cases are real nice, fast shipping from Google store. Little pricey but its a perfect fit. I got the 39.99 grey case with the microfiber back.