Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X on Rogers?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X on Rogers?

ok fliped through and did not see it. was there any word on nexus 5x. Will rogers get it. Bell just launched this device for 129 on a 2 year contract. this device is the diffrence of my wife moving to rogers from bell and not. it would be absolutley silly for rogers not to stock the nexus 5x considering the origional nexus 5 is cosidered the best nexus device and this is a great sucesor to it. Also the 6p the wife thinks is to big so not a option.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @GT_Hawk

Sadly Rogers has not announced yet that they will carry it. I am looking for that model my self.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mschnarr

That is what i have told some on here as well. Best Buy has some in stock but its best to call before going. They do not do business or corporate accounts though.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jamesneiles

Rogers has done this for all reservations. It seems business accounts are hold up with the status & account security which is should not take that long.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix in your opinion, when do I escalate things with Rogers? I got the reservation shipping notification late thursday along with everyone else, but it seems like my phone has either been lost, delayed, stolen, or perhaps sold to someone else. I'm thinking the most likely case is just a UPS delay, and I'm hoping it arrives today.

My store received other reservations yesterday, but not mine.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @derekwtg

Was this a Rogers Plus store or a Authorized dealer? There might be a reason due to that as well.
I Plan to Stick Around

@GT_Hawk . If you can afford it, I'd recommend just buying it from the Google store directly. Most carriers are selling the 5x for $579 outright for the 16GB. You can buy the 32GB from Google for $549 and you would save 20$/m with BYOD
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix I think they are an authorized dealer. So do you think it's likely just a delay? I am considering starting to call around to find a best buy or similar that may have one.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @derekwg

If its a Authorized dealer then yes it will take a longer time as they are privately owned & the devices go to another warehouse before reaching their stores. Rogers has made this clear on the Rogers Reservations system FAQ as well.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix See, that's kind of my issue. This store already received a few units, but not mine. Despite me being really high on the reserve list (I know that isn't a gurantee). I'm just wondering, at what point do I do something about it, if my device was perhaps lost.