cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X on Rogers?

brararsh
I Plan to Stick Around

Are we getting these on Rogers? Wanted to use my upgrade but it seems Google has decided to sell them only on Google Store. Any information here from experts?

***edited labels***

642 REPLIES 642

Re: Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X on Rogers?

constable145
I Plan to Stick Around
I'm writing this from my beautiful 64gb Nexus 6p. This device is absolutely worth the wait.

Need2fly
I Plan to Stick Around

SO...I almost had a device yesterday. Had one reserved and got the call it was in store waiting. Went by the store, begun the upgrade process and that’s where it ended. I am on a plan with a corporate discount and not every Rogers location can process upgrades on those accounts. I sent it to the wrong store ( I had called Rogers Direct before I reserved and was not advised otherwise)  My options were to reorder a device through Rogers Direct ( for corporate plans) and either send it to my home or to a store that can process the upgrade. Went for option 1 and hopefully I will get the device in a couple weeks.

Currently my order says out of stock and "on hold".

I still haven’t released the original device. If anyone in the Guelph area wants to try getting a 6p message me. I can release the device while you wait in store 🙂 Edit: Not sure if that would actually work. The employess in the store know my situation and I told them that I may call and switch to a consumer plan to get the device then re -transfer to my discount.(this route is to messy. will stick to waiting it out.) But they also know there's a good chance that the device may be at their disposal.

fgsdgsegfe
I Plan to Stick Around

@Need2fly   If you are on a consumer plan with a corporate discount then store should have to problem proccesing your upgrade. If their system does not allow them then they would need to call into their dealer support line.

be prepared to be in the store for a while though .. I was in the same situation and store rep was on the phone for almost an hour with the DSG rep waiting for them to process the upgrade on my account.

Need2fly
I Plan to Stick Around

@fgsdgsegfe thanks for the reply. They were not willing to budge in the store and not being very helpful. They kept telling me they could not do it at that store and they system would not let them process it. I called the Rogers Direct corporate line and they person I spole to verified its an issue and that the company I work for has one of the heviest discounts with Rogers and it requires a 2 -step ( sort of) verification. I had to get another token to be able to process the upgrade.  

Levistras
I Plan to Stick Around

My local store has had mine for 24 hours now and I still can't pick it up 😕

LeCouter
I Plan to Stick Around

@Need2fly welcome to the club man! nothing but issues with Rogers... I am actually dealing direct with the presidents officer regarding this issues (and others that I have had in the past couple weeks). Its complete bull being on a corp account... treated like crap. No one in Rogers knows what they are doing when it comes to these accounts. Apparently they have created a new department because these issues have become so bad with corp accounts. Here is what I did... I emailed the presidents office and filed a formal complaint and also online throught My Rogers. I suggest you do that... then was Contacted by Ken West from the presidents office and we are currently dealing with my issue. I have spent 10+ hours on the phone and multiple store visits in the past month because of my stupid Corp account but as a consumer. Its completely stupid. Once I get my new device they are going to offer me credits to my account because all the crap ive been through. I suggest you file a formal complaint as well.... note the store you dealt with, the time and date, and the reps name if you remember. Good luck!

Saren
I Plan to Stick Around

Same exact issues, I have a corporate/business/government plan.

Went to 3 different Rogers stores (not the authorized one's, but the actual Rogers stores) and none of them wanted to give me the phones they had in stock because "The system doesn't allow it".

I'm SHOCKED a multi-billion dollar business runs their business as such, Jesus Christ it's appalling. 

I wasn't open to transfaring my business to Bell, but now I am very open to hear what they have to offer.

All this running around, calling, waiting, being transfered, reserving, etc etc etc just to be told "The system doesn't allow it".

Christ.

@Saren

Having formally worked for BELL previously, I can tell you that you'd run into the same problem. They only allow certain stores to do upgrades for business/corporate plans and it is just as much of a hassle; at least in my own experience.

formultor_x7
I've Been Around
I walked into a rogers store in Winnipeg expecting to hear they didn't have any and to my surprise they had two. Was on my way with the new phonein about 10 minutes. This is my 5th nexus phone and this one I can actually see myself keeping for two years instead of the usual one year.

gulwanthira11
I've Been Here Awhile

Nexus 5: Any clue to when the 5X will come out.

True it is a pretty well rounded device

fgsdgsegfe
I Plan to Stick Around
Not sure about Rogers but Telus is launching the 5x on November 10th

zer0
I've Been Here Awhile

I picked up my Nexus 6P last night from Costco on Regent Ave in Winnipeg. They had like 10 or so in stock for Rogers at that time. They also had Nexus 5x for Bell only though.

I love the device so far. Hope everyone gets their soon!

Good Luck

haroyac
I'm Here A Lot
For people who got the phone. Did you guys get sure tap? Is it compatible with the nexus 6p

fgsdgsegfe
I Plan to Stick Around
I got a Suretap sim however there phone is not supported. Not supported by UGO either

grav
I'm Here A Lot

Good luck to everyone else with their new devices. I would think twice before signing another 2 yrs

Hey @fgsdgsegfe, I have the first gen moto 360 and it works fine with the 6P, had to do a factory reset on the M360 though

Levistras
I Plan to Stick Around

Picked up my 6P today.  Customer service in store was awesome in making the progress as painless as possible.  Impressed thus far by the build quality and performance.

fgsdgsegfe
I Plan to Stick Around

@sergeh Thanks!

After 3 factory resets it finally connected.
It turns out that if you use the android bluetooth manager to pair with your watch it causes the android wear app to not work properly. The only way for android wear to work properly if pair the watch using the wear app. seems like a bit of a fail by Google but at last everything is working!

hey does anyone know if the 6P is in stores since rogers is taking waaaaayy to long to ship to my house i live in calgary does anyone know Thanks

Mofozofo
I've Been Here Awhile

@TJ4 wrote:

hey does anyone know if the 6P is in stores since rogers is taking waaaaayy to long to ship to my house i live in calgary does anyone know Thanks

Good luck, the sales guy in-stores are telling me the phones are hitting the shelves mid-december... I am having a horrible service with Rogers it's RIDICULOUS. I call, they tell me to go online. Online, they tell me to call. Once again, I am told to do it online. Online, they're telling me to go in-stores. In-stores are telling me that the device won't be available until mid-december, and I should call. I mean really? Treating a 20+ years loyal customer like that? Unbelievable.