Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X on Rogers?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akaliel
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X on Rogers?

Hope you did some cable research. An engineer from google reviewed a bunch of type c to type a cables and found that very few of them met the power spec. The Belkin and iOrange cables looked ok, but most of the cheaper ones did not.
jrfox87
I Plan to Stick Around

@Need2fly

The only reason it wasnt at my store until evening was just because of the route for that driver. The phone was in the London UPS depot by early morning. I chose to have the 6P sent to a different store for this reason.

Careful getting USB type C cables, many aren't up to spec. One of the guys from Google has actually taken to Amazon to review many of them http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A25GROL6KJV3QG/ref=cm_cr_rdp_pdp

Jdavis3
I'm Here A Lot

Which case did you order? The Spigen rugged armor is nice but don't release till Tuesday
lgoldberg
I Plan to Stick Around

So would anyone say we have a realistic shot at getting the phone tomorrow? At least near Toronto... Someone give me a shot of hope!!!

bboyshark
I Plan to Stick Around

At this point we cant say anything, i hav a game preodered for tomorow call of duty (my credit card was charged this morning and a few seconds ago I received an email that it was shipped), so lets hope we get an email tonight before midnight.. Theres still hope, otherwise.. Hey its just a shiny toy, well get it eventually
Jdavis3
I'm Here A Lot

Its possible, IF the phone ships tonight.
jrfox87
I Plan to Stick Around

@lgoldberg

I believe the phones will ship tonight, so anyone who doesnt live that far from Toronto will likely get it tomorrow. There is still a good 4 or 5 hours left for them to ship out tonight.

Need2fly
I Plan to Stick Around

@akaliel and @jrfox87

thanks for the heads up on cables. i only ordered the car charger from tronsmart

saw someone mention it on reddit and it seemed ok. I dont always need the quick charge. just to make sure its going on long drives.

the case i got is the ringke. hopefully its ok and it can hold me over till after christmas.

but i appreciate you guys looking out for me.

jrfox87
I Plan to Stick Around

@Need2fly

No problem. I'm always careful about getting cables, especially when its a new connector. A bad cable can at worst cause your device essentially blow up, so I don't take chances and stick with manufacturers I trust. For that reason, I ordered spare cables from Google.

akaliel
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm going with Belkin. The Google one's are only USB 2.0. And I realize the phone is too, but if I get only 3.1 cables from the start, then I should be futureproofed.