Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X on Rogers?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X on Rogers?

Hey guys,

If I upgrade my LG G3 to the 6P and give the 6P to my hubby and keep the G3 for myself, can he take the phone to Wind Mobile or is it locked because its on a 2 year term? Thank you

I Plan to Stick Around

@Jdavis3

All Nexus devices come unlocked even if purchased on a 2 year term. He can use it on Wind just fine and will get OTA updates.
Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hey @Jdavis3,

Welcome to the Community Forums! 

He can use it with Wind as long as it's unlocked and is capable of working on their network. That's something you will have to speak to Wind about. You would just have to make sure you're eligible for a hardware upgrade if you bought the 6P at a subsidized price on a contract. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

any idea when the 5x launches with canadian carriers?? 

I Plan to Stick Around

In my experience with Rogers reservations, the SHIPPED status tends to happen at night. For example, last month my reservation for the iPhone 6S Plus didn't go into SHIPPED status until after 10pm. So chances are our Nexus 6Ps won't ship until later tonight.

I Plan to Stick Around

@jrfox87,

thanks for the info. did you get it the right the next morning after the "shipped" status ?

or is their a lag period for the shippent before you got to pick it up?

cheers

I Plan to Stick Around

@Need2fly

I got it the next evening, but thats more because UPS tends not to deliver to that store until late in the day. I also live in London Ontario so next day delivery from the GTA to here is pretty standard with UPS or any other courier.

I Plan to Stick Around

@jmed

sound like the 5x might be a few months. i think someone had answered that in earlier posts

I Plan to Stick Around

For a communications company there seems to be a huge lack of it.

I know somewhere, someone knows what's going on but they aren't releasing the information to us.

A message from Rogers letting us know what to expect, even if that means we have to wait till next week, is better than no message at all.

I Plan to Stick Around

@jrfox87

thanks again. I live in guelph so hopefully they will stop here much earlier than that!!!!!

I ordered a case and a few cables from amazon so if it all works out should have everything at the same time!

what are we all gonna do when we get our nexi (nexuses) and have no forum to check up on? get on with real life i guess and stare at our phones