Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X on Rogers?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X on Rogers?

Hello @DroidDev_

Sadly no one can cancel or delete anyone's reservation. This is a self serve option so no Rogers staff can access this. Maybe it's just the browser your using? Mine has done this before.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So previously, I read reports that Rogers had said that reservations can be picked up as soon as they are in the store, and non-reserved unit sales would start on the 2nd.

Now we know that date is pushed to the 4th... but does anyone know if there is still a chance that reserved devices may be available sooner than that?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

somewhere in this thread it mentions that stores can't release phones before launch day, even if reserved. Now that launch day is Nov 4, i would think that pre-orders will delay as well.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Does anyone know for sure what the color is? The reservation system says Grey, when I called they said it's the graphite model and now mobilesyrup is reporting silver...

http://cdn.mobilesyrup.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/telus-6p-delay.jpg

Scratch that, just noticed that the image is for Telus

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @derekwtg

Unfortunately the only time the stores can release a device is when the device has been released and launched. The stores can no longer release a device to u before it's street launch by the carrier. They can get fined and also in alot of trouble. So they stopped. You have to wait until the phone gets shipped to the store and the device has been launched to the carrier.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

but @rogershelps said that for those that reserved, when you get a notification you can go pick it up,  for those that didnt the 2nd is the launch and you cant get it before (now i guess its th 4th)

But if the store near my house gets it monday.....they cant give it to me??? I would think, based on that answer they can

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @alexenea

Hmm that doesn't seem right. The device isn't released yet by the carrier so it makes no sense that they will give it out to customers... Can I have the name of the person from @RogersHelps so i can speak to them please?.

Thanks 🙂
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I can understand what you may he saying, however I work for the company and also if yu check Rogers website, Rogers finally let us bring the 64gb Titanium or Blue Note 5, and the 128gb S6 Edge. So you're " they never bring higher GB models no matter what" statement is pretty invalid. I mean c'mon, my district manager at rogers used to tell me to tell customers the exact same thing. And yes Bell released the 64gb version of the newer samsung phones first, as well as the newer colors, then when Rogers saw that Bell has Titanium,  and people are going nuts to get one, all of a sudden rogers is now carrying it. It's marketing. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @zaheerkhan

Let's keep the Samsung conversation in that threat please. This one is for the Nexus line. Just want to make that clear as its off topic. Also yes Rogers did release the Note 5 in 64GB and 128GB BUT in the Note 5 thread which i made, I did state it all depends on a agreement with the manufacturer.

Either way we shall see what Rogers and Android releases next with the Nexus line.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey,

The 6P supports wifi calling and voice over LTE. Are there any plans for Rogers to enable these features for the 6P?

Also, will the 6P support Suretap?

And any updates on Marshmallow visual voicemail support?

Thanks!