cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X on Rogers?

brararsh
I Plan to Stick Around

Are we getting these on Rogers? Wanted to use my upgrade but it seems Google has decided to sell them only on Google Store. Any information here from experts?

***edited labels***

642 REPLIES 642

Re: Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X on Rogers?

RyD3R561
I've Been Around
How do you find your waitlist #

The only way I can get to the waitlist number is if I hit upgrade device, then check balance, then scroll down to find a new reservation link, then check reservations, THEN you finally can see your number. Otherwise I can't find a more direct path. The number is pretty useless though becuase it just tell you your current number rather then if Roger is even getting the 6P this month or even next.

DenisBouvier
I've Been Here Awhile

I moved up to 350 a little over 6 hours ago and nothing since, I'm guessing it is just cancellations no devices rolling out yet

MrFugazii
I Plan to Stick Around
Sitting at 357th here. Hopefully it comes out on time!
Your average Android Junkie

Paying off FlexTab to reserve a phone

Looking at reserving the Nexus 6P. To do this, I have to pay off my FlexTab ($83.33). Okay, fair enough. My question is do I credited the monthly flextab payment back to my account if it takes Rogers a month or two to get the phones from Google? Or, am I simply paying off my flextab in full to get in line for the Nexus 6P, regardless of when it might come in? 

jrfox87
I Plan to Stick Around

@Rocko604

You don't pay off your FlexTab until you pickup the device, not when you make the reservation. It will be charged on the next bill after you pick up the phone.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Rocko604

You pay ur flextab amount once you get ur next month's invoice which the phone was billed on. You pay nothing up front for the device.

alexenea
I Plan to Stick Around
Nnoooooooo delayed until November 4!

I was really hoping reserved customers would have gotten by Friday

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hey guys!

Unfortunately the date for Telus and Rogers has changed to November 4th for the release of the device.

" Unfortunately, as of late yesterday, both Telus and Rogers are now showing that date has moved once again, to November 4th. It’s not a big difference for most people, but for customers who’ve already been waiting for over a month to get their hands on the Nexus 6P, it’s certainly a disappointment"

http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/10/29/nexus-6p-shipping-date-from-rogers-and-telus-slips-to-november-4/

MrFugazii
I Plan to Stick Around
Greeeeeat, now I can't return my Note 5.

Awesome.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @MrFugazii

You could return it BUT then you won't have a device to use until yours ships. Sadly i think it's due to then not having the shipment yet so they had to push back the date.

MrFugazii
I Plan to Stick Around
But even then, I'm not really guaranteed one on that date.

I shall however, look for a spare device to use.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @MrFugazii

That is correct. It all depends when they get stock from them. The reservation system does not guarantee that you will get it at launch or before anyone else. So it all plays put differently

jrfox87
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

Thats kind of dissappointing about pushing it back a couple more days, but really its not that big of a deal as long as it doesnt get pushed back any further.

Need2fly
I Plan to Stick Around

im ok with the delay as long as it is for quality control . users on other forums seem to be getting devices with build quality issues

My reservation of the Nexus 6P is now missing. It was in your system but now is not. How can this be? Does this mean there isn't enough to go around so you just delete peoples reservations?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @DroidDev_

Sadly no one can cancel or delete anyone's reservation. This is a self serve option so no Rogers staff can access this. Maybe it's just the browser your using? Mine has done this before.

derekwtg
I Plan to Stick Around

So previously, I read reports that Rogers had said that reservations can be picked up as soon as they are in the store, and non-reserved unit sales would start on the 2nd.

Now we know that date is pushed to the 4th... but does anyone know if there is still a chance that reserved devices may be available sooner than that?

chaknee
I've Been Here Awhile

somewhere in this thread it mentions that stores can't release phones before launch day, even if reserved. Now that launch day is Nov 4, i would think that pre-orders will delay as well.

sergeh
I'm Here A Lot

Does anyone know for sure what the color is? The reservation system says Grey, when I called they said it's the graphite model and now mobilesyrup is reporting silver...

http://cdn.mobilesyrup.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/telus-6p-delay.jpg

Scratch that, just noticed that the image is for Telus

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @derekwtg

Unfortunately the only time the stores can release a device is when the device has been released and launched. The stores can no longer release a device to u before it's street launch by the carrier. They can get fined and also in alot of trouble. So they stopped. You have to wait until the phone gets shipped to the store and the device has been launched to the carrier.