cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X on Rogers?

brararsh
I Plan to Stick Around

Are we getting these on Rogers? Wanted to use my upgrade but it seems Google has decided to sell them only on Google Store. Any information here from experts?

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X on Rogers?

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey everyone,

The Nexus 6P will be available via Reservation from Rogers for $699.99 outright or $199.99 on select 2-year Share Everything plans.

Stay tuned for launch date.

View solution in original post

642 REPLIES 642

RogersDarrell

Hi @brararsh

Unfortunately, we cannot comment on unreleased devices at this time.

If we have any further information we'll post it here.

RogersDarrell

brararsh
I Plan to Stick Around

So you mean, tomorrow you can comment?

halo2376
I've Been Around

Can you comment now that preorders are available?

I did a quick internet search on my end, and found something saying that the phones aren't going to be sold by carriers. Of course most of the results that turned up appeared to be just rumours and speculation.

The new phones will not be sold by carriers in the US. Both phones should be coming to Canadian carriers, I can see the 6P under Rogers' reservation system already. Though, it only shows grey and no indication of storage size availability. 

RogersDarrell

Hey everyone,

The Nexus 6P will be available via Reservation from Rogers for $699.99 outright or $199.99 on select 2-year Share Everything plans.

Stay tuned for launch date.

Can you clarify the memory size for the device on the Reservation System? (I have #9)

Based on the purchase price of $699 I am assuming it is only the 32GB model, which would be very unfortunate.

mrderp
I Plan to Stick Around

Looks like it's confirmed by MobileSyrup as the 32GB graphite model

Andy631
I've Been Here Awhile
What about the 5X? You only mention the 6P, will Rogers offer the 5X?

mrderp
I Plan to Stick Around

I would guess that they're not going to reveal much until Google start offering the 5X in Canada.

Andy631
I've Been Here Awhile
Oh yeah that makes sense I guess. Thanks

Hey rogers, 

stop with the you cannot comment on unreased phones.  You have it for reservation so tell us if we can get the 128gb cause if not then we can go directly to google and order.  

so your saying that we are screwed again by rogers only offering the cheapest model that holds next to nothing on it.  Everyone go to google, you will get it faster and have choice of storage.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @garythevans

If you read & look at the date.... You will SEE the mod posted that last night which the phone was not yet annonced. He did however make a post saying its on the reservation system.

If you like, you can go with Google & get a bigger storage there. No one is stopping you or me or anyone else. Its up to Google & the carriers what devices they get.

ES564
I've Been Here Awhile

In the reservation form, the option provided is "6P Grey". Can you confirm if this is the "Aluminium" or "Graphite"color option?

Thanks,

Simer
I've Been Around
Rogers, please carry the 64gb version of the 6p. I'm sure there's enough demand to justify carrying it.

bboyshark
I Plan to Stick Around

where can I find the reservation form??

GibMcFragger
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I don't get that. They did the same thing with the Note 5. Who the smeg would buy a 32GB Note? I assume they don't want to carry too many models they possibly won't sell, but at least get the 64GB. They are worried about the possibility of not many sales, so they carry the low capacity model nobody wants. 

Makes sense.....oh wait.

ES564
I've Been Here Awhile

I don't get why you even need that much storage when you can just store everything in the cloud…? 

cycro27
I've Been Around

Its for music storage for me mainly. Not everyone has unlimited data to stream from the cloud.