Nexus 6P - WiFi Calling?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Nexus 6P - WiFi Calling?

Can anyone with a 6P on Rogers confirm if Wi-Fi Calling is enabled or not? I live in a bit of a Rogers dead spot, and while I've already ordered the 6P, knowing if this feature is functional would be nice before I receive it, so I know if I should bother upgrading my router.

I notice that they support it on certain iOS devices already, but I've been happy with Android for too long to switch.
Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Nexus 6P - WiFi Calling?

Hello, @CairdeasYYJ

Thank you for your interest in WiFi calling on Android platform. Currently, as you are already aware it's supported only on iOS devices, iPhone 5c, 5s, 6, 6 Plus 6s and 6s Plus on iOS 9. Please stay tune, we keep updating the Community!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the prompt reply, looking forward to Rogers implementing this feature on all platforms. Here's hoping it is soon, and not the typical 6/12 months+a day that's indicative of exclusivity contracts.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @CairdeasYYJ

Rogers should be enabling this sometime in the future. The device is capable of doing it, just Rogers needs to test it & make sure it works for enabling it. Also the agreements with Google need to be there too.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I wouldn't get your hopes up for WiFi calling on Android anytime soon. The Note 4 was capable of doing it a year ago. The Note 5 is capable and so on. I don't see this happening in the near future at all with how Rogers handles Android.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Dx9

That's true and hopefully we do see this from Rogers enabled soon!
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello @RogersMoin,

I don't have the best call reception in my home and I would really benefit from SIP or WiFi calling on my Nexus 6p.  Is there any progress with this or a rough ETA you can provide?  

thanks,

Martin

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Martinomac

Unfortunately it doesn't seem like there is any ETA or update either. Once they do announce something, they will announce it on here or on the main Rogers site.
I've Been Here Awhile

Come on Rogers! This is an essential feature and the phones support it, can we at least know if the feature will ever be implemented or just being forgotten about for Android users?
I Plan to Stick Around

Doesn't look like Rogers in any rush to support Android users on this one. Apple paid up lots of $ for the exclusivity.  Real shame though as many of us could use this feature for improved service.