Nexus 6P - WiFi Calling?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Nexus 6P - WiFi Calling?

Its been almost two years since we were supposed to get VoLTE and I see its still not active but I see pixel customers have it. Is there something I need to do in order to get VoLTE working? The 6P supported it out of the box and was just up to Rogers to click the enable button. Two years seems like an awfully long time to do this.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @DroidDev_

It seems like Rogers stopped selling and supporting the 6P as they got the Pixels now. Maybe due to that it could be the reason.

You don't need to order anything to get WiFi Calling.
I've Been Here Awhile

I just bought my Nexus 6p from Rogers a couple months ago .. I would really like to be able to enable wifi calling as it is a must for me ... What do we have to do to get Rogers to send out an update ? 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Lyndenwld

Sadly nothing can be done unless Rogers development team and head office decides to enable it for that device.
I Plan to Stick Around

how do we get them to do that?  There are a few threads on this topic, either this or voLTE for the 6P.  How do they support other devices that have this feature, but leave this one out?  It's very frustrating.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @supervillain

Again there is on way to be honest to connected with them and speak to them unless ur a developer and they grant u access to speak to them from head office. Sadly it seems they won't be supporting it in this device
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes I agree...if id known this I would have taken a Samsung note instead ...