Nexus 6P - WiFi Calling?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Nexus 6P - WiFi Calling?

Hello @Martinomac

Honestly it all depends. Apple never paid for exclusive rights to have it onl on their devices. So that is false. It's most likely due to them wanting to test it on on that device first. Do remember the Note 5 has WiFi Calling which is a Samsung Android device. I shall see what I can get from them about this.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Even the Note 4 has WiFi calling feature on the phone along with most other flagship Android devices but what I'm saying is that Rogers chooses not to support Android WiFi calling dispite the customer demand.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Martinomac

Android WiFi Calling will not be a feature on here from what i see seeing as majority of the carriers do not have it. The aee using the normal WiFi Calling which carrier offer. It's the same thing. Either way I'm pretty sure WiFi Calling for the Nexus will come.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

With all theses comments van we have an update from Rogers? Been 6 months since the original answer. 🙂
Highlighted
I've Been Around

It would be nice to see this enabled for Android devices that support it. I thought I saw something recently that they are supporting wifi calling for specific Android devices, but not the Nexus 6p which seems odd given that this is the pure version of Android and should be the easiest to support.

I had an iPhone 6 plus for about 10 months and I am happy to be back on Android. While I would like to get wifi calling activated, when I activated it on the iPhone, I found it to be too aggressive in moving me from the cellular network to wifi.  A bigger issue is that when I started a call on wifi, the call would drop if I moved out of wifi coverage rather than automatically transfer the call to the cellular network (even thought here was cell coverage). Not sure if this has been a problem for others. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ostaylor

Thats one feature I miss from the iPhone 6S Plus that I had. I wish they could bring that on the S7 edge and other Android devices too.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

i have a roger's dead spot at my home and opened up tickets many times and finally engineers say that they need to upgrade towers to LTE soon in my area and that can happen in a year or two...in the meanwhile i started searching for wifi calling and called techsupport and they suggest that i can enable that on nexus 6p and this forum tells me a completely different picture then what is my option 🙂 leave rogers?
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Wifi calling available now but for iphone and Samsung only. Nexus is a no go.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Idpike

WiFi Calling for iPhone and Samsung devices have been out for almost 2 years.. ( IPhone since the launch of iPhone 6 in 2014). Samsung since last year.

Nexus line may see it but since the Nexus line is no more, hoping that the new Pixel line gets its.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

What a joke.  Why withhold features?  The framework is there in the OS, just let us use it.  For more frustration, visit my thread about native visual voicemail support in android (which is also built into the OS) but not enabled....