Nexus 6P VoLTE

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Nexus 6P VoLTE

From my understanding, the 6P supports VoLTE. Does it work with Rogers?

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Nexus 6P VoLTE

Hi @alexb88

The Nexus 6P does not currently support VoLTE.

RogersDarrell

I've Been Here Awhile

Any idea if it will support it in the near future?
Community Manager
Community Manager

Unfortunately we cannot comment on any features and/or changes that we have not announced as of yet.

If anything changes, we'll update this thread ASAP.

Thanks,

RogersDarrell

I've Been Here Awhile

It supports VoLTE just fine, why is a Rogers rep spreading mis information. Rogers has not activated it VoLTE to work on this device as they are marketing VoLTE to specific devices. Be honest with your customers.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@wind784 wrote:
It supports VoLTE just fine, why is a Rogers rep spreading mis information. Rogers has not activated it VoLTE to work on this device as they are marketing VoLTE to specific devices. Be honest with your customers.

I think he meant it doesn't support VoLTE on the Rogers Network, the phone itself does support the feature, along with many phones Rogers currently sells. I'm guessing Rogers doesn't want to activate the feature just yet and is doing some testing on the current phones that use VoLTE (Galaxy S6 and iPhone 6s). They had major issues with the Galaxy S6 caused by VoLTE, and I'm sure they don't want to repeat that mistake with other phones. The Galaxy S6 issues were however caused by Samsung and not Rogers, since Rogers has other android phones that use VoLTE just fine, and my iPhone 6s has been flawless using VoLTE and WiFi calling.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wind784

The Nexus 6P does support VoLTE but the rep is saying that the Rogers Nexus 6P does not. Rogers has to test it & make sure it works before enabling it. Also they need to have a set agreement with Google in order to have it active. There is alot more then you think.

The rep was giving the right info. Just i guess worded a bit wrong.
I've Been Here Awhile

As of earlier this week I appear to be getting VoLTE-quality calls on my Nexus 6P in Downtown Toronto.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Don't think it can happen without a software update. Dial out and see if LTE in the status bar changes to 3G.
I've Been Here Awhile

It goes to H, but it's still Skype-level quality with certain recipients.
Order Now!
UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone Live
LIVE: Saturday, January 18th 10:00 PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of January 16th

He's back! Irish superstar Conor McGregor makes his return to the Octagon on January 18, and he's kicking off 2020 with a welterweight showdown against the man with the most wins in UFC history, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Returning to action for the first time since October 2018 in the main event of UFC 246, the two-division champion from Dublin known as "The Notorious" one wants to make a statement against Albuquerque action hero Cerrone, who has picked up five post-fight performance bonuses in his last five bouts.

Topic Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 10 in conversation