Nexus 5, and 6 Android M OTA

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Nexus 5, and 6 Android M OTA

Any word yet on when the Android M OTA will be available for the Rogers nexus 5, and 6? When will it start being pushed?

****Edit Labels****

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nexus 5, and 6 Android M OTA

Don't think the update is pushed by Rogers anyways. It's a google phone. Ota will be rolled out by them. No carriers involved
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jtrejbal

Rogers will release it once Google gives then the green light to do so. We will just have to wait. @dieselx unfortunately Rogers does release it out to its customers as they need to make sure it works on the network and has no issues.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix, this even goes for the devices bought on Google Play?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @dieselx

No those ones will get it straight from Google.
I've Been Here Awhile

So is there an eta of any kind?
I've Been Around

Any news on this ? The update page of rogers shows that the current release of rogers software running for nexus 6 is 6.0, but mine is not updated.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

T-Mobile started rolling out this week. 

You could also sideload it

I Plan to Stick Around

Dear Rogers,

Things need to change, I realize you guys don't get the updates til Samsung has produced them based off Google's AOSP, or what ever device manufacturers.

Your customers grow tired of always being last, waiting over a year for an update so soon to a alpha/beta release of yet another version of Android.

You guys need to get together with your partners, Google (Android) manufacturers and global carriers, and seriously change the way the system is.

Use your power as carrier, cooperatate with other Canadian carriers and refuse to carry a manufacturers products ie Samsung.... And the other slow to release manufacturers, communicate to Google to do something about it.

Consumers should not have to wait a year for a patch to vulnerabilities, it's ridiculous

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Inxile

That won't happen. Carriers can't just refuse to carry a high end device because of the updates. They sign agreements to carry their devices for so long. If they pull out, they get fined and many will be upset because the new devices arent being released. Then bigger problems will arise.

What your talking about is updates. The manufacturers do give the updates out on time to the carriers but as u don't know the carriers are the ones taking their long time to enable them, put their own bloatware and test them. It's not the manufacturers fault here. The carriers are doing this.

Unfortunately this has been happening for years and many of us are growing tired of it. I do agreed with u.