cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network lost in note 5 after nougat update

Yashrulz02
I've been here awhile

Few days back I received Nougat update on my Samsung galaxy note 5. After that my phone keeps losing network. Switching airplane mode on off doesn't help. Restarting the phone is the only option. Are we getting any fix for the same?

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Network lost in note 5 after nougat update

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @gp-se

As posted above, I asked the same as doing a factory reset and the OP said they did. So that is already done.

It seems that they are not the only ones as i have seen reports by some on MS and some reddit that are having the same issue with Rogers. Also the fact that the same happened with their other phone and Rogers issued a update. I believe this is something to do with Rogers atm.

EDIT. Looking back at older threads with the Note 5 and the Marshmallow update, many had the same issue as well.. So seems the issue happened with this update too. Hopefully Rogers fixes it again with a update.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Yashrulz02

Have you tried to remove the sim and reinsert it? Also have you done a full factory reset after back up and see if that fixes the issue?

Yashrulz02
I've been here awhile
Yes. I did try it. I still remember the same problem happening when I received the Marshmallow update. After that I think Rogers sent an update with a fix.

@Yashrulz02 Try this, but this WILL DELETE everything on your phone:

First Remove the SIM CARD

then 

1. Hold down the volume up button, the home button, and the power button at once until the Android recovery screen appears.
  2. Press volume down four times until wipe date/factory reset is highlighted.
  3. Press the power button once.
  4. Press volume down seven times until Yes -- delete all user data is highlighted.
  5. Press the power button once. Your phone will be factory reset.
  6. Press the power button when the data wipe is complete to reboot your phone.

after it boots up turn the phone off then put the sim card back in, power the phone on and setup as new

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @gp-se

As posted above, I asked the same as doing a factory reset and the OP said they did. So that is already done.

It seems that they are not the only ones as i have seen reports by some on MS and some reddit that are having the same issue with Rogers. Also the fact that the same happened with their other phone and Rogers issued a update. I believe this is something to do with Rogers atm.

EDIT. Looking back at older threads with the Note 5 and the Marshmallow update, many had the same issue as well.. So seems the issue happened with this update too. Hopefully Rogers fixes it again with a update.
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation