cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOTE 7 Battery / Lag issue?

Headfake
I plan to stick around

Well there's been a lot of talk all over already about the Note 7 having battery life, heating, lag issues. Part of the problem is the fact that in North America we got the obviously worse SnapDragon as apposed to the Exynos version that they got in Europe and other places. Some are also complaining that the problems have been exacerbated by carrier bloat/changes.

My question is, how are you note 7 users finding it's performance and battery life?

Thanks

*Edited Labels*

11 REPLIES 11

Re: NOTE 7 Battery / Lag issue?

RogersMoin

Hello, @Headfake

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. So far battery or lag issue was not reported by any of the members who recently acquired the Note 7. I will tag few of the participants of Note 7 Reservation thread. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

@Meowmix@germain18_2006@xtechx@italianfitguy

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Headfake

Mine was worse in the start but started working better after time. The batter on mine lasts for 14hrs at max if i do eveything. Usually it dies down a but faster after that. Snapdragon is a battery drainer. This is something Samsung never realized.

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor
The Snapdragon 820 is a beast. It's leaps and bounds better than the 810 from last year. It is an extremely efficient.

No lag or battery problems here with my Note 7.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Dx9

That is true however the Snapdragon isn't as good as the Exonos from Samsung. They have better battery life then the Snapdragons. Again everyone is different but after using the phone days on, the battery will balance it self out.

xtechx
I plan to stick around

Headfake wrote: My question is, how are you note 7 users finding it's performance and battery life?

I'm happy with my Note7, even with the recent recall announcement. Not sure of exact details for us yet, but anyway.. I've had a few phones this year.. started the year with the S6 Edge+, then S7 Edge, then an unlocked HTC 10 and now the Note7. 

Battery life is definitely better than my HTC 10, although that's relative to the size of the battery too. It's ever so slightly slower although this doesn't bother me (fractions of a second difference in load times). I'm assuming it's more aggressive power saving in some way, or a tweaked governor. UI is rather responsive. I can't say I experience much, if any lag, although maybe I have the odd time and have forgotten.

The S7 Edge seems more like my HTC 10, but we're talking of general feel. Any differences to the Note7 are measured in fractions of a second. Battery life on the S7E though is a whole other story. I can say for sure that the Exynos SoC has far superior battery life. That said, I'm not having issues maintaining a charge doing what I do on a day to day basis. Sometimes that would be a problem with my HTC 10, and the extra 500mAh is seemingly making the difference for me.

That's my two cents.. 

enrai
I plan to stick around

Battery issue that I've had experienced was that it gets super hot after heavy use of gaming. Not sure if it's part of the problem they've found for this recall, but it gets a lot warmer than my Note5.

I didn't really encounter any lag issue though. Although when I did a speed test on my home wifi signal, I get 10mb less than my Note5 (50Mbps on Note7 vs 60Mbps on Note5, tests were done simultaneously). I wonder if anyone else noticed this issue.

wpd1
I plan to stick around
I was having battery drain issues until I read on the Samsung community about removing the stock email app and using another email client. I followed the advice and started using the BlueMail client. I have been running off charge since 8:30 am and I still have 75% remaining at 7:30 pm. Before this change, I would be down to 30% over the same time frame.

enrai
I plan to stick around

@wpd1 did you auto sync the stock email client to receive emails as they come?

wpd1
I plan to stick around
No, the stock app will not push as is. Best it will do is 15 minute intervals.

enrai
I plan to stick around

I disabled my push notification service and do a manual on the sync schedule. Maybe that's why my battery life is a bit better than what you've described on yours.

Mrnovanova
I plan to stick around
I do experience lag with my home button from time to time. It can sometimes take up to 5 seconds when I press the home button to go from screen off to home screen. Usually 3 of those 5 seconds are on the black screen. It looks like it's the way the kernel is set up. There is a bit of a delay in waking the phone from sleep I guess.
Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 in conversation