NOTE 3 - GPS

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

NOTE 3 - GPS

NOTE 3 16 DAYS OLD - GPS IS NOT WORKING AFTER UPDATE TO KITKAT 4.4.2..JUST KEEP ON SEARCHING.. IT WAS WORKING BEFORE UPDATE. ROGERS SAID NOT THEIR FAULT AS THEY DON'T MAKE SOFTWARES 😞

***Edited Labels.***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: NOTE 3 - GPS

Hello HARRY73

I would suggest you doing a factory reset on the device to see that will fix the GPS issue. If that doesn't help, you can try turning on WiFi to see if that will somewhat fix it.
I've Been Here Awhile

Meowmix #@ recenty been to samsung walkin office .they did everything ..even reflash the device..but same result
They said its a software issue ...wait for next update???
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello HARRY73

If they deemed it as a software issue then i would wait for the next update. There is no ETA when a next update will happen unfortunately.
I'm Here A Lot

Same issues in my note 3. Gps wont lock in position. My note 1 and 2 has no problem w gps fix which in fact that these phones have lower specs than the note 3. Ive send the phone to samsung FOUR times for warranty but nothings change.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello User189

It seems to be a issue with the software. It works on WiFi but not on cellular signal.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

This is why I wait to see if there are any issues before I update. I learned the hard way,  one too many times. Smiley Sad

I'm Here A Lot

@meowmix. What I noticed is once u remove the sim card, gps locks in easily.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello User189

It could be the internal cellular signal causing a glitch to do this and once the sim card is removed and there is no cellular signal, the GPS works fine again.
I'm Here A Lot

Hello Meowmix

I use the navigation for work as an all in one device. But without the simcard, this high end Samsung note 3 is useless for me. I think all of the Samsung note 3 in Rogers hasthis problem. Just imagine, 4x I returned it for repair, they even replaced it w a new one but still same issue.

How often do we use our navigation? Do they know that phones can be use as a standalone gps navigation without data plans? Most people use the maps for check in in fb etc. We need the location set by gps in order to use the map effectively