cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moto Z Nougat Bluetooth Issues

JBC2005
I've been here awhile

Ever since updating to Nougat, Bluetooth refuses to turn on. Tried starting in safe mode, factory reset doesn't help. I'm ready to toss it out the window!! Any suggestions?
Thanks

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Moto Z Nougat Bluetooth Issues

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JBC2005

You would have to take it to a Rogers store and have the send it our for repair. This can take 1-2 weeks. So ask them for a loner phone. Remember it's a $50 deposit which u will get back upon returning the loner Device and it won't be the same device u have.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RogersMoin

Hello, @JBC2005

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. Mostly I use Bluetooth on my phone to pair my smart watch so I understand the inconvenience of it not turning on your Moto Z phone.

Thank you for trying the safe mode and factory reset. Is it a Rogers' device?

Have you tried turning off the WiFi and then turning on the Bluetooth? Also, try disabling Battery optimisation for Bluetooth.

@Community - anybody else experiencing similar issue as reported by OP?

Cheers,

RogersMoin

JBC2005
I've been here awhile
Battery optimization for Bluetooth is off. Also, wifi off has no effect.
Yes, it is a Rogers device.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JBC2005

What i would suggest is doing a factory reset on the device to see if that will fix it for u. Sometimes software updates do this and just needs another factory reset that's all.

If the issue keeps happening, then I would send it into repair or contact Motorola.

JBC2005
I've been here awhile
Thanks for the suggestion, but I have already done a factory reset and it had no effect.
As for warranty, do I take it to Rogers or send it to Lenovo for repair?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JBC2005

You would have to take it to a Rogers store and have the send it our for repair. This can take 1-2 weeks. So ask them for a loner phone. Remember it's a $50 deposit which u will get back upon returning the loner Device and it won't be the same device u have.
Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation