cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messaging App Glitch on Galaxy S9+

TeDD13
I'm a trusted contributor

Since upgrading to Android 8, my Samsung Galaxy S9+ started to experience the following glitch: whenever text messaging app is open and I try to either put the phone in my pocket or simply rotate it 180 degrees and moving it down, the phone starts calling the contact in messaging app which is currently open. If I close messaging app before putting phone in my pocket - everything is fine.

Anybody experienced a similar glitch? Is there a fix or workaround?

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Messaging App Glitch on Galaxy S9+

Hey @TeDD13 & @cafekief,

I'm sorry to hear that this is happening, it sounds quite tedious! 😖

It could have to do with a feature called "Direct Call" that can be found in your settings and disabled. Can you please give that a try to see if that works?

If not, I would recommend trying to uninstall and reinstall the app on your device followed by a power cycle (turn your device off for 30 seconds or so, and then power it back on) to see if that helps! Please be sure to update the Community with the results! 🙂

Thank you!
RogersLaura

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

cafekief
I'm an enthusiast
Hey, I had the issue like two days ago I think on Wednesday. I was txting my best bud and just has I unlock my house door and put my phone down on the table it had been on a voice call for 42 secs. FYi this is (galaxy note 9)

Hey @TeDD13 & @cafekief,

I'm sorry to hear that this is happening, it sounds quite tedious! 😖

It could have to do with a feature called "Direct Call" that can be found in your settings and disabled. Can you please give that a try to see if that works?

If not, I would recommend trying to uninstall and reinstall the app on your device followed by a power cycle (turn your device off for 30 seconds or so, and then power it back on) to see if that helps! Please be sure to update the Community with the results! 🙂

Thank you!
RogersLaura

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation