Marshmallow visual voicemail

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Marshmallow visual voicemail

Hello @supervillain

Unfortunately it doesn't seem like it will happen as Rogers has yet announced it. Don't wait for it.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Is someone using a Google Pixel with the premium voicemail to text add-on, can confirm that it is still not showing in the phone app?  Is the voicemail tab showing in the phone app at all?

regards 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

My 2-year contract is over in April and one of the features I will be looking for, that will help me decide which provider to choose, will be native Visual Voicemail support.  I've been with Rogers for over a decade, believe me, I know how slow Rogers is to support popular features that benefit the customer more than themselves.  Business is business.

Resident Expert

@seriosbrad Rogers is actually the opposite of what you said. They were the first to put of VoLTE, WiFi calling, IPv6 over home internet, AND mobile network. And these feature aren't costing me anything extra, Rogers isn't making anymore money supporting these features.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, you make some good points for the backend services/infrastructure - and I agree! When it comes to Android and other software/OS features, hence this thread existing, they've been slow to adopt, or completely unsupportive.

Hello @seriousbrad

Truth is that Rogers didn't agree to the terms Google had with the VVM as Rogers had their own VVM app which now has been decommissioned. The only OS that uses VVM is iOS but even then u have to pay $10 per month extra for that.

I do wonder if Rogers will enable this feature now as more Android phones are coming out.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

sooo... no one with a Pixel can chime in on my question?

Since I'm here, what don't I undertand that could be so "complicated" to get support for native Android VVM? First Rogers dosen't offer anymore a VVM option. Second, as far as I know, the add-on that Rogers offers for premium "message to text" (with the audio file attached) is the exact same thing as Android VVM.  What could stop Rogers from offering it?  

If iOS has an option for that, Android people would be willing to do the same and pay for the feature. No?

regards,

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jefflessard

Maybe Rogers will offer it but not at this moment? Maybe their developers are told to wait until a agreement is set with Google and other Android manufactures? I don't know. You won't get the answer u are looking for honestly.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I have been an Android user since the initial launch of the original Samsung Galaxy Note (October 2011) and having come over from an iPhone 4; I was rather disappointed by the lack of any visual voicemail functionality. At the time, I realized this was due to a lack of built-in native visual voicemail functionality on Android.

Having remained with Android, on one device or another since then, I am disappointed that Rogers still has no visual voicemail feature. The old way of calling a number, and sitting through recorded messages to go through dozen voicemail messages is tedious and time-consuming. It's 2017, and this process should be much easier. Google has implemented native visual voicemail functionality in Android since Marshmallow, and most US carriers already support this. What's the hold up here on Rogers - supposedly the leading Canadian wireless provider?

As of today, I have to pay a 3rd party provider, a company called YouMail, to add what should be standard functionality to my phone. Unfortunately, YouMail only works when you have conditional call forwarding on your plan, which isn't great, and their Android app is poorly designed and not great to use. I wish I could just use the built-in visual voicemail functions of the Android OS.

With Google now having partnered with Rogers to bring enhanced SMS features to their Messenger app on the Rogers network, can we expect better integration of Rogers voicemail into the native Android phone app for visual voicemail functionality? Not having this is really, rather, rustling my jimmies.

I have a Pixel XL, but I wasn't aware of the premium VM function.  Going to add it to my account, and test it out to see.  I'll report back and let you know.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Anyone heard anything on VVM finally being implemented?  Android O is coming out in a couple of months.  It will be the third OS version (Marshmallow and Nougat) since the VVM feature as been implemented in Android.

Would be great if someone from Rogers could comment.

thanks,