Marshmallow visual voicemail

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Marshmallow visual voicemail

As with many people here, I am extremely disappointed. Rogers has decided not to support native vvm on android. This feature has been available for all iPhone users for roughly 9 YEARS!

They do have their own app but it's half baked. It doesn't translate well into text and can't play vms via speakerphone. Rogers is not a software company and should allow people that know how to build software build it. Rogers needs to support OMTP, its also open source. I'm willing to bet they already do as there app probably uses it. Instead we are forced to pay and use an inferior product.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @xtess3ractx

I agree. It seems though like something in the agreements is not allowing them to do it or they rather have their own half baked app instead which no one likes due to the lack of support as well.

Hopefully this changed but i doubt it
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Why not?
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

How do you know there is an agreement with manufacturers? What would a manufacturer have to gain by not allowing this? Other than - what a great feature iPhone users have - wish it was available on androids, I might switch....
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I think it would be the other way around. The carrier's tell Google they are only allowed to sell their phones if they can force us to use the carrier vvm. Because the manufacturer doesn't think they have as much clout as Apple, they comply.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Nogs

It could be either or... Either the manufacturers are putting the agreement there or the carriers are doing it so they can have their own apps to run. Apple seems to be able to get away with it with having a customer pay a bit more for VVM from them but eveyone else has to use their carriers half baked app.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Ridiculous.

Rogers: Support native visual voicemail on Android.  Stop mucking around, and do it.

Community: In the meantime, I've been using YouMail and it does a pretty good job if you're willing to purchase the premium subscription

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Still nothing!! 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Pretty sad if you ask me. I'm usually happy with rogers but this kinda issue bugs me

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Can anyone from Rogers chime in on this yet?  it's been awhile since this has been brought up!