Marshmallow visual voicemail

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Marshmallow visual voicemail

Thank you, @jefflessard. This is some good news.

Switching to Telus is an appealing option now.Smiley Happy

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Definitely time to add this feature. I have the vm to text and while it works okay I hate how it fills up my text app and makes it difficult to keep track of messages. I lose out on business quite often because my voicemail gets full and no one can leave I message because I have to dial in to delete my messages manually when it's full.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I can see Rogers adding this feature now that Telus has it. 

------------------------------------
I have too many phones, ask me anything
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Any development? Can Rogers say if it will be coming sometime, please? Competition dictate that they should, since Telus is offering it.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Correct. My wife's contract just ended and mine is up soon. We are considering jumping ship just for that feature. Rates seem to be comparable among the main carriers. Recently, Rogers stopped supporting the freebies that made them stand out (RogersOneNumber, Extreme Text). If they won't support features I need that others are supporting, why stick around?
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Marshmallow visual voicemailTel

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Just figured I'd give this a bump. Was inspired to look into this since I bought a Pixel 4 XL from Google and am wonderfully free to switch carriers. I find it quite interesting that Telus has offered Android Visual Voicemail for years, and Rogers hasn't made any attempt to even pretend they are looking into this for their customers who use Android devices.

I can't say that I am upset that the option to pay $10/month for a subpar app is no longer offered (https://about.rogers.com/2013/06/12/how-do-i-set-up-visual-voicemail/),  but it seems that when it was decommissioned, it would have been a good time to consider your android customers instead of leaving them with a subpar $7/month SMS transcription as the only option.

Since Telus offers the (actually useful) native functionality for free, I'll be looking into their services since Rogers hasn't really shown much interest in offering value to their customers. I would be pleased to see a date that this will be available, but I expect a generic, non-committal response (if any response at all).  I suggest searching "Telus Visual Voicemail for Android" to see what you aren't being offered... Especially if you pay $7/month for poor SMS transcriptions.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

P.S... The Telus turnaround in a similar thread was 16 months. This thread was created ~4 years, 4 months ago without any action whatsoever.  The 6th reply in the Telus thread was that it was available. This message has 76 replies with no action.

Multiple conversations here as well. https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Android/Android-Visual-Voicemail/m-p/431996#M52596 has 26 replies for example. 

It looks like Freedom Mobile offers it as well, with cheaper plans that Rogers offers. Figured I would mention that, since that seems to be the only time Rogers actually reacts and tries to compete (Like the $60/10GB plan I  obtained, which Rogers has since changed to $65/15GB a month).

I've Been Here Awhile

Yeah, it's pretty clear Rogers does NOT LISTEN TO ITS CUSTOMERS.