cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marshmallow visual voicemail

supervillain
I plan to stick around

So android's latest OS marshmallow is finally getting native visual voicemail support.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/07/15/android-m-feature-spotlight-android-m-will-have-proper-visua...

http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/15/8974555/android-visual-voicemail-native-m-preview

What are the chances of this getting implemented by Rogers?   I understand that it is a carrier side feature that needs to be activated or something.  iOS has had this for years so it shouldn't be too complicated for Rogers to accomplish?

Is this wishful thinking??

***Edited Labels***

78 REPLIES 78

Re: Marshmallow visual voicemail

yybenedb
I plan to stick around
Nice post but is it relevant to this discussion? The app in question isn't the mail or the contacts or calendars but the phone app which seems pretty consistent. What is the big deal about unlocking a feature already baked into marshmallow and up that interacts with the phone app?

vi_m1c
I've been here awhile

Can any of the mods here take this feedback up with relevant Rogers team(s) as a feature request?

Is there a page that we customers can suggest /request features to Rogers like many others companies have for their products and services?

Sadly no Canadian carrier supports this feature even though it has been nearly two years since native support was introduced in Android. Here is an opportunity for Rogers to be the first.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @vi_m1c

They have. Unfortunately they can only pass along the information to them. It depends on the development team and management that runs it to make that decision.

You could complain here or to a manager calling in. Those are your only ways of giving feedback. There is no way to send feedback directly to them or near that team as they don't read complaints from the forums or emails. They only get what they are told but their management and or the MODS and that's if they do it.

Hopefully they do bring it out but I don't see it happening to be honest.

vi_m1c
I've been here awhile

Thanks, @Meowmix!

If this has already been raised, sounds like chances are pretty slim, like you said.

jefflessard
I plan to stick around

Maybe this will get Rogers attention!  Competition is always good!  😉

Telus now offers Android visual voicemail for Google Pixel, Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P

https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/09/28/telus-now-offers-visual-voicemail-for-google-pixel-nexus-5x-and-n...

yybenedb
I plan to stick around
Hmmm. What are those running? Nougat? Otherwise would bee an easy tweak for older devices.

jefflessard
I plan to stick around

It says Oreo in the article.

vi_m1c
I've been here awhile

Thank you, @jefflessard. This is some good news.

Switching to Telus is an appealing option now.Smiley Happy

Nerds2You
I plan to stick around
Definitely time to add this feature. I have the vm to text and while it works okay I hate how it fills up my text app and makes it difficult to keep track of messages. I lose out on business quite often because my voicemail gets full and no one can leave I message because I have to dial in to delete my messages manually when it's full.

604kev_
I plan to stick around

I can see Rogers adding this feature now that Telus has it. 

------------------------------------
I have too many phones, ask me anything

jefflessard
I plan to stick around
Any development? Can Rogers say if it will be coming sometime, please? Competition dictate that they should, since Telus is offering it.

yybenedb
I plan to stick around
Correct. My wife's contract just ended and mine is up soon. We are considering jumping ship just for that feature. Rates seem to be comparable among the main carriers. Recently, Rogers stopped supporting the freebies that made them stand out (RogersOneNumber, Extreme Text). If they won't support features I need that others are supporting, why stick around?

Re: Marshmallow visual voicemailTel

Erogon
I've been around

Duncmuir
I've been here awhile

Just figured I'd give this a bump. Was inspired to look into this since I bought a Pixel 4 XL from Google and am wonderfully free to switch carriers. I find it quite interesting that Telus has offered Android Visual Voicemail for years, and Rogers hasn't made any attempt to even pretend they are looking into this for their customers who use Android devices.

I can't say that I am upset that the option to pay $10/month for a subpar app is no longer offered (https://about.rogers.com/2013/06/12/how-do-i-set-up-visual-voicemail/),  but it seems that when it was decommissioned, it would have been a good time to consider your android customers instead of leaving them with a subpar $7/month SMS transcription as the only option.

Since Telus offers the (actually useful) native functionality for free, I'll be looking into their services since Rogers hasn't really shown much interest in offering value to their customers. I would be pleased to see a date that this will be available, but I expect a generic, non-committal response (if any response at all).  I suggest searching "Telus Visual Voicemail for Android" to see what you aren't being offered... Especially if you pay $7/month for poor SMS transcriptions.

Duncmuir
I've been here awhile

P.S... The Telus turnaround in a similar thread was 16 months. This thread was created ~4 years, 4 months ago without any action whatsoever.  The 6th reply in the Telus thread was that it was available. This message has 76 replies with no action.

Multiple conversations here as well. https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Android/Android-Visual-Voicemail/m-p/431996#M52596 has 26 replies for example. 

It looks like Freedom Mobile offers it as well, with cheaper plans that Rogers offers. Figured I would mention that, since that seems to be the only time Rogers actually reacts and tries to compete (Like the $60/10GB plan I  obtained, which Rogers has since changed to $65/15GB a month).

rkagerer
I've been here awhile

Yeah, it's pretty clear Rogers does NOT LISTEN TO ITS CUSTOMERS.

Topic Stats