Marshmallow visual voicemail

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Marshmallow visual voicemail

Hi @jefflessard,

Thanks for reaching out.  

As a fellow Android user, I'd love to have visual voicemail available to me.  Unfortunately, at this time, there have not been any announcements. 

If any news is made available, we'll be sure to share it here!

Kind regards,

RogersShaun

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Not withstanding all of the theories as to why Rogers has not implemented VVM, it seems like an inexplicably foolish business strategy at a time when Rogers is trying to retain or win over new customers.......

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thats the stupid part to me. Why would they not want to activate this feature. It's not going to lose them customers, its already a part of the OS, it seems more work on their end to not activate it....
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@supervillain wrote:
Thats the stupid part to me. Why would they not want to activate this feature. It's not going to lose them customers, its already a part of the OS, it seems more work on their end to not activate it....

The weird thing is, half of the thing is already set up.  If you have their premium voicemail,  it sends you a text with the transcription and audio file of the voicemail.  This is basically what the built in VVM feature in Android hooks into, Rogers just needs to set up their voicemail system to integrate with the Android VVM software.  They do it for Apple, and I can't imagine it being that much different (or difficult) on Android.  

Rogers is just lazy because the percentage of Android users make up just a tiny fraction of their total smartphone users (in relation to Android anyway).

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Not sure if this is relevent but had visual voicemail transcription to text using Google Pixel xl and was working fine but now switched to Blackberry K1 and now I only get the voice mail tape Icon and no voicemail to text transcription!? is voicemail to text provisioned differently on the included share plans voicemail and the separate voicemail addon feature!?
Highlighted

Hello @tattooedpierced,

Visual Voicemail or Premium Voicemail to Text as its sometimes called is a really great feature. It's so much more convenient than having to actually access your Voicemail Inbox and go through all the prompts.

If you recently changed your Wireless package its possible you may not be subscribed to that feature. It used to be a part of a $5.00 value pack but it's now available as a separate add-on feature. We will need to look at your account to confirm what subscriptions you have currently. 

Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps the next time you're online and we can take a closer look. 

For more information on our private messaging system check out our blog.

Regards,

RogersTony

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I believe that is what I have. The advantage of the one baked into the os (if I do, in fact, have what you describe) is that when I delete it from the vvm tab on my phone, it also deletes from my actual vm. Whereas when I delete the transcribed text, I still need to log in to delete from my vm. Also, for me, it is much more practical to have all of my vvms in one place rather than scattered through my in box.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I also would like to know if and when can we expect Rogers to support VVM on Android.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Oh well. When I saw someone posted on this thread, I thought: Finally a Rogers rep must be posting that this silly deficiency has been rectified.

A nechtige tog.