cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marshmallow visual voicemail

supervillain
I plan to stick around

So android's latest OS marshmallow is finally getting native visual voicemail support.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/07/15/android-m-feature-spotlight-android-m-will-have-proper-visua...

http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/15/8974555/android-visual-voicemail-native-m-preview

What are the chances of this getting implemented by Rogers?   I understand that it is a carrier side feature that needs to be activated or something.  iOS has had this for years so it shouldn't be too complicated for Rogers to accomplish?

Is this wishful thinking??

***Edited Labels***

78 REPLIES 78

Re: Marshmallow visual voicemail

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi @supervillain

So cool that Android is finally going to get native VVM.

Let me look into it for you.

RogersDarrell

supervillain
I plan to stick around
Thanks. It is a very exciting prospect. Let's hope we can get the ball rolling!

sooo. anything yet??

hawki
I've been here awhile
So rogersdarrell , are you still looking? 13 days should be enough time, no?

supervillain
I plan to stick around

I think he got lost....

RogersDarrell

No new updates at this time.

When I have a confirmation I'll let you know.

RogersDarrell

thanks! 

RogersDarrell

Hi everyone,

I've confirmed that we will not be implementing this feature.

Thank you for your patience.

RogersDarrell

dieselx
I plan to stick around
Honestly I would love to know the reasons why Canadian Carrier's don't implement features from Android. Finally Android gets native voicemail and Rogers won't support it? Is this a joke? Certain Android phones support WiFi Calling but again Rogers doesn't support it. All support goes to iPhones it seems. I would really like an explanation as to why Rogers trims down software in Android phones and deletes certain features. Finally VVM on Android which is native and No Rogers says lol.

paulwatkins
I plan to stick around
It's no mystery at all really, it's because they have their own competing service that they want to sell to you. ie. Rogers Visual Voicemail

dieselx
I plan to stick around
Yeah which is garbage.

supervillain
I plan to stick around

I hate how they just said this problem is solved...wth...

Ios has had this feature becuase they had to force the carriers to support it. Why can't Rogers let us have this, it can't be that difficult to implement. The framework is already there. This sucks.

I created a Rogers Forums account (which was a ridiculous painstaking procedure, like everything with Rogers) just to post in this thread:

@RogersDarrell

That's not a good enough answer. 

Rogers needs to add this feature or they will lose customers. I will personally cancel (all my lines) with Rogers. Not because I think or know Telus or Bell have this feature, but simply because of the lack of any concern or care on Rogers part to make this happen/move forward and change with technology.

Is Rogers so blind, that they are incapable of adding basic features to retain customers? Or increase overall satisfaction...?

What does Rogers have to do? Add one or more dedicated IMAP server(s)? That ESXi box sure is asking a lot from a multi-million/year netting company...Darn customers! Always asking for things that should be included in the service that is entirely too expensive already!

This was done several years ago for iOS customers and it needs to happen for Android customers, it was/is a basic feature for iOS, and your consumers have grown accustomed to using it, and as they move from iOS to Android or vice-versa, transparency in all possible things is important.

The visual voicemail application (and most other Rogers applications across all platforms) that Rogers provides is/are abysmal at best, and is goes to prove that Roger's application developement team is either way too small, and/or being mismanaged by tech dinosaurs that don't understand how to direct a team. (Do they all still use Blackberries? Or are they happy enough because the features already exist on their iPhones?) That said, there is a solution, retire the unused/ridiculous applications when products/features that replace them are made by companies that know how to create proper applications. (Like native visual voicemail!)

Please provide me (us) with the appropriate supervisors name (the person in charge of adding links to external applications should do) and contact information, so this can be escalated to the right channels. That way, the people that would like to have the feature added can let Rogers know, first hand.

Thanks

supervillain
I plan to stick around

Thank you.  I agree that this is a silly move by rogers.  I am not surprised at all though.  I would love for this issue to get more traction, not sure where we can share this information to get the most people to view it and support it.  These forums aren't the most active it seems.

Yeria
I'm here a lot
@RogersDarrell

Wow, typical Rogers type of reply.

Well then, you need to provide some kind of value back by giving Android users free Rogers visual voicemail at the very least. It isn't fair iPhone users get more value from same plans than Android users because of Rogers' incompetence/laziness.

paulwatkins
I plan to stick around
I use Google Voice for my voicemail anyways, I have for years. Integrated right into Hangouts now, all my voicemail shows up there, translated to text with the option to play the audio. Works great.

biggie_101
I'm here a lot
Isn't that anti-competitive practice? Deliberately withholding features & functionality in a device that I own sounds fairly sketchy

supervillain
I plan to stick around

ow did you set that up? I have a GV number, but cant figure out how to forward voicemails to it!

paulwatkins
I plan to stick around
Hi, it's pretty easy actually. Set all your Call Forwarding options on your phone to your Google Voice number, i.e.. 'Call Forward When Busy, etc.' and then set your Google Voice account to Do Not Disturb so calls go straight to Voice Mail. Set your voicemail option in your phone to Google Voice instead of Carrier, as well... you might not need that anymore... I'm not sure.

supervillain
I plan to stick around

It wont let me change those settings in the phone.  I can enter my GV number, but it spits out an error when I hit "update"...guess this is disabled on the network side!  (thanks again rogers....)

Topic Stats