MMS not working with android

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

MMS not working with android

Just got a new plan for my htc desire hd from australia, w/ unlimited picture texting, and i cannot send or receive any pictures. How can i fix this?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: MMS not working with android

I fixed it by deleted all APNs but one with MMS. I went to Settings -> More... (Under Wireless & Network) -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names and deleted all APNs but one. This profile should look like this (you may need to edit it):

Name: Rogers

APN: rogers-core-appl1.apn

MMSC: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com

MMS proxy: 10.128.1.69

MMS port: 80

MCC: 302

MNC: 720

and everything else MUST NOT be set including APN type; it must be blank even through it may have something like mms in it.

After check and editing, this profile should look the same as above, and then delete rest of the profiles. Reboot your phone and it should work.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I fixed it by deleted all APNs but one with MMS. I went to Settings -> More... (Under Wireless & Network) -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names and deleted all APNs but one. This profile should look like this (you may need to edit it):

Name: Rogers

APN: rogers-core-appl1.apn

MMSC: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com

MMS proxy: 10.128.1.69

MMS port: 80

MCC: 302

MNC: 720

and everything else MUST NOT be set including APN type; it must be blank even through it may have something like mms in it.

After check and editing, this profile should look the same as above, and then delete rest of the profiles. Reboot your phone and it should work.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Worked for me. Thanks!
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I recently changed my phone to an unlocked Samsung S2. I contacted Rogers and obtained the codes to imput into the phone to establish my network as Rogers. I also added on data to receive and send text message pictures but am unable to send or receive pictures. I keep getting a message displaying ....downloading when trying to receive a picture and when trying to send a picture  the hour glass keeps spinning  its trying to send but times out and never goes through. memory card is 250, which should be enough.  only added data for this purpose.  any suggestions?

Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Is the data actually enabled on the phone? You need to have an actual data connection, not just Wi-Fi in order for the pictures to go through.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

mobile data checked on phone

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Well it should be working, technically. Although my understanding is that any unlocked non-Rogers device can experience issues when being used on the network, and not everything will work as it is supposed to.

I'm going to tag @CommunityHelps on this to see if someone better trained on this can assist you.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

unable to remove apn type ,have 3 choices cant leave it blank. protocol and enabled/disable apn is prefilled and not able to access these 2 fields. Any suggestions on how to delete?
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @lockdown2341

You are very much right. Grey-Market devices are not guaranteed to work on Rogers Network.

However, besides checking the settings to make sure data is working. Is the APN settings correct for MMS?

Since it is an unlocked device, always confirm APN settings. as MMS settings under APN Settings is different than APN server settings in the same screen.

There is a post HERE you can look into, for the APN settings.

RogersShakir

Edit: You should be able to delete 2 out of 3 APN and edit the last one (You can't delete all, phone must have 1 filled settings). But it doesn't matter, Just edit any of them and selec that one as the active, you can have 15 settings but only one can be active, and that's all that matters.

Another question to ask you. Mobile Data is Checked, which is good. BUT! does data work? can you go on the browser? check facebook or youtube? Does data itself work?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I can't receive or send pictures S7